Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Fish regulations

Dusty

I know the slot on Kab/Nam is 13" to 17" and you cannot have filleted fish on the water. I am wondering how this applies to house boats. In other words can you have filleted walleye on a Houseboat? Lets say I am coming into Ebel's after a weeks fishing trip, Can I have my limit of Filleted fish on board? Thanks in advance for any help.

Xplorer

Dusty,
A few years ago we were being checked as we unloaded at Ash River on memorial day and i asked one of the 3 CO's (not Lloyd Steen tho) there about that (they were giving out 2 tickets to a boat at the time for fillets. I remember the line from the CO "i got some good news and some bad news. The good news is you packed these fillets real nice so we can count'em. The bad news is you cant have fillets")
He told me that if the houseboat was anchored or moored to shore, then it was considered as if they were at a cabin/camping spot and they could have fillets onboard. Once that houseboat was under power it was considered a boat and if stopped and checked they could be ticketed for having dressed walleye on the water (same as if they were in a cooler in my boat) if they wernt "in the whole" and measureable.
I really wonder if this is enforced in this manner, maybe a call to Ebel's on what they tell their customers about bringing back fish would help. I would think that they must have asked the CO's about this to avoid a situation like this for their customers.
Sure would put a damper on a nice week getting pinched as you come into Ash River.
Xplorer

PS: You guys have a great time south! (Did you get my reply, or did i mess it up somehow?)

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 03-23-2004).]

Xplorer

Dusty,
I really wonder too, i cant say that I've ever seen a houseboat stopped on the water by a CO being checked. Gotta believe it happens. Kinda a tough call, as they might be only moving a mile or two to a new site during a weeks stay. According to what the CO told me they would have to eat any fillets that they had before moving to be in compliance.
No problem, i have a bad habit of exiting out of an email before i send it and not realizing it so i thought i might have done it. Talk to ya soon.
Xplorer

Dusty

Xplorer, I kinda figured the houseboats would be fair game. I wonder how many they stop tho. I have never seen it happen. I have been meaning to get back to ya. Your mail came thru just fine.