Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

IS IT FOR ME?

I'm a guy who just likes to troll around for anything that bites. Will stop from time to time and cast for Pike , Bass , whatever. I'm more interested in the senery than catching fish. However I don't want a situation where I'm just wasting my time trolling and casting.
What ya think guys, Kab. Namakan or mybe some place else?

fishkab

Dutchboy, If you want scenery and the trolling of shorelines Kabetogama and Namakan is exactly the right place. Plus you will catch fish. The scenery is wonderful and the shorlines are all uninhabited and wilderness. Very little civilization once you are out away from the resort areas. This would, I my opinion, be a great place to do what you enjoy. Fishkab

How much of the lakes are part of the national park? Any remote campsites?
Are there any local resorts that rent cabins by the weekend or just by the week.
So many questions, must be winter! LOL
Thanks for any help!

blue_healer_guy

Dutch, Myself and a buddy camped at kab/nam last sept. In three days of hard fishing we caught 1 walleye. But i tell you what, that it some of the best looking country you can find in the states! We camped on one of the many remote sites up there. From what I read last fall, the fishing was slow and we found that out, but we'll be back next year! Joe

fishkab

Dutchboy, thanks for the reply. All of the waters of Kabetogama and all of the Am. side of Namakan are in the park. there are many remote campsites, over 200, in the park. These sites are free but you do have to register. You can do that at all of the boat launches. You can also stay at campsites at several of the resorts and several of the resorts do offer shorter stays and their is also a small motel that has overnights. Also a outfitter has bunkhouses for overnight use. Check the www. kabetogama.com website and you will get lots of details. Fishing was a little slow of eyes last fall, but the pike fishing was very good. Fishkab

bman

Dutchboy,

I am very familiar with the Kab, Nam area. I can get you the names of some of the resorts in the various areas and can give you a heads up on some people to visit with at the show. e-mail me at brnbrwr@hotmail.com if interested.

bman

fishkab

Dutchboy, Wade at Voyageurs Adventures will be at the show. He runs a outfitting business and is also one of the better guides on the lakes. He can give you lots of info. on camping and fishing. Good Luck Fishkab

THANKS GUY'S THE INFO WILL HELP!
ANYBODY A GUIDE OR RESORT OWNER THAT WILL BE AT THE MPLS SPORT SHOW IN MARCH?

Thanks for all the help!
If you see a little Ranger trollin' around with a "smilie" face flag flying from my radio antenna this summer, you know I found my way up.
By the way.......... if that area isn't God's country I don't know what is.

hop sing

Been doin the namakan thing for more than a decade now ( and the rainy and kab thing the decade before) and have found it to be superb in every way. plenty of really great campsites and lots of good fishing. some years we just camp and some years we houseboat AND camp (not me i like the warm dry bed). easy and scenic entry from crane lake (you get to experience crane and sandpoint on the way)as well. go to the sportaman show and ask alot of questions. most if not all of the vendors from that area are great to work with and will answer all your questions.

fishkab

Bman, Nice to see you are now a member of the FM scene. The more info. the better. Hope that things are fine with you. Still lots of snow and ice here. Fishkab

bman

fishkab

decided I had better get in on the action here on this site. Didn't make it up there the other weekend but I think we are headed up on the weekend of the 14th to ride and fish. Hopefully the riding is still good and the fish bite.

Bman