Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jkoltrades

kab

jkoltrades

did the snow fall as predicted? I heard anywhere from 4 to 15! Who's got the skinny?

fishkab

Hey Trades,,, We've got snow and more snow. We have more than we have had for a couple of years added together. The trails are groomed and the groomers are all out and working. The lakes are safe and the powder riding to just great. Probably 20inches to 2 feet on the lake. The powder riding on the lakes to a blast. I was out today and put on 150 miles and had a great day. 8 inches last night and calling for 3-5 more tomorrow. Fishkab

MN Mike

THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN YEARS !!!

We have reservations in I-Falls for the 23 & 24. Keep an eye out I'll be the one riding with the big grin on my face, you'll probably be able to see it even with all the gear on...... then again, there might be 15 of us with that same big grin.

How much powder on the lake? couple of the guys coming with have 800 Mountain Cats, mines heading to Cooke City that weekend.

Anybody been thru the Chain of Lakes yet?

Mike

------------------
Frozen Bait

jkoltrades

Just returned Sunday the 18th from sleddin' up around Kab. The snow depth is awesome and I would put it close to two feet off the trails. Took the Arrowhead Trail down from the west end of Kab to Crane Lake and took the water all the way back up. Spent hours riding off the trail markers on the ice around islands and got a sore throttle thumb from "keepin' her taped to the to handle bar"! Wanted to get out ice fishing but temps below zero and didn't bring my portable, plus not many down by the Ash so will try later.

guts

Well last night we got another 3" of snow, a couple of trails did need a new surface as they were showing wear. I record snow and depts and thus far we have about 30" on the ground. Lots of blowin snow today cold tonight and then a good forecast coming for the weekend. Have fun, guts <{{{{{><

MN Mike

Guts,

Just wondering if they started grooming the lake? not that it matters much but I'm just curious. Are there still some bays off limits to snowmobiles in the park yet? Most of it is still open right? How about the chain of lakes, did they open it all the way?

Our group of 10 - 12 grew to 15 then finally landed on 21, snowmobile fever I guess! Should be a fun bunch.

Whos all open in the winter as far as food goes, I imagine Sandy Point is, how about Rocky Ledge??? I am not sure if that is right, I was looking at the map and it looks like there have been some name changes up there since I was there last.

Thanks,
Mike

------------------
Frozen Bait

[This message has been edited by MN Mike (edited 01-22-2004).]

guts

MN Mike
Good questyions, because I have good answers.
The lake is for the most part grromed, one trail to Kettle Falls left and that may be groomed Monday. One problem it snows so frequent, they don't keep up well.

The chain of lakes is open and probably the best ride for that trail since they opened it. Lots of snow and a fair amount or traffic has packed it down well. Its open all the way.

No closed bays for the last two years, once again, lots of snow does impede riding to some degree.

All of the Ash River Trail facilities are apen for food and etc, Kab for food has Sandy Point, Arrowhead, Rocky Ledge and Rocky Point is again open with a sm. menu.

The inland trails around here are heavaily snow packed and often groomed(twice a week)
snow on ground over 24". Expecting anotheer drop of snow tonight and thru the week.
Yes Mike, for us this year there is a Santa Claus, finally a real winter. Good luck, guts <{{{{{><

MN Mike

Guts,

Well, we made it up there, we put on 350 miles in a couple days. Trails were very good but what is up with all the logging this year, that is the most tore up I've seen the trails ever, usually you only see a couple.

WHO TURNED OFF THE FURNACE on Saturday! We finally made it out to Crane Lake at about 4 in the afternoon with 21 riders and the ride back to International Falls was COLD! Everytime we stopped a few would open the hood and put thier hands on the pipe to warm them up, BRRRR! We had 1 guy willing to trade his Mountain Cat 800 straight up for a vehicle, he would have taken anything...... that was at the gas station when you turn off 53 and head towards Ash River.

All in all it was another great trip and if you guys get some more let us know...... we'll be back!

Mike

------------------
Frozen Bait

guts

MNMIKE, glad you had a good ride, we had a little more snow since you left.
As for logging it just happened that there were lots of timber sales in this area. Maybe that means less logging next year.
guts <{{{{><