Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
UP-Ken

Questions about Kab

UP-Ken

I have been trying to NOT go fishing in Canada and have tried Kab twice. July of 2002, the weather was in the low 90's and the fishing was rough. September of 2003, the weather was still pretty warm and the water had not cooled down yet, and the fishing was rough. Everyone I talked to were having the same tough bite. Both times I fished the west end of Kab. I understand that my two trips were not the best times to go and the weather didn't help. I have always gone to Canada for the opening week of Walleye season on Eagle Lake or Lake of the Woods. I just know that the Walleye fishing has got to be great on Kab at the same time. Can anyone give me information to back up my supposition. I really want to go to Kabetogema.

fishkab

UP-ken, You're right on!!! The spring fishing here on Kab can be just excellent. The usual May-June time period is a great time. We have a excellent walleye population right now and spring fishing is as good as anywhere. The slot is been on for a few years so the normal is lots of eaters and lots of big fish. Lots of fun. I've been doing it here for years. Fishkab

UP-Ken

Thanks Fishkab! You have put the finishing touches on my plans for 2004. Kab it is! After posting my question last night I checked the forum for the last year and around the time I usually go...and the news that was posted verified my guess and your comments this morning. The forum seems to be a great tool for information and learning how to fish better. Thanks to all of you!!!

fishkab

UP-Ken,, You're making a good choice. Check out the website. www.kabetogama.com for all the info you will need for lodging etc. Happy Holidays Fishkab

UP-Ken

FishKab. Found that web site last night and have been looking at it ever since. Tons of resources for lodges and information. I will be sending emails out and making some phone calls real soon. Thanks again! Happy Holidays to you too. UP-Ken