Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Namakan fishing report Needed

Will be fishing Namakan Sept. 8th-13th. Would like any fishing reports leading up to these dates. Lures, live bait, species, depth, when and where is all helpful. We had a lot of luck around Namakan Island last year. Was wondering if it is still producing? Thanks for the Help!! Hans

Cobra

If you go to the Gateway store website, it pretty much matches what we saw last weekend. Hopefully it won't be close to 100 degrees when you're there!

guts

Hans,
Well we had cool weather for awhile but the hot stuff came back today, close to 90 degrees. It is surpose to cool down again though. Fishing has been better on the Namakan basin as of late. Namakan Island is a good area right now. In the same vicinity is Twin Aligators and on up the way is Tar Point. These can be good late season pre fall areas. Fishing is slow, but a big difference between now and spring is, in the spring they caught lots of over slot fish and now the most prevalent eye is at slot or a shade under. The DNR says, contrary to recent fishing results, that the Kab/Nam basins are a great fishery and are walleye population is impressive and one of the best in the state. The slow bite situation is blamed on many factors and combinations
thereof. Things are looking better, hopefully by the time you get here. Good luck, guts <{{{{{>< Gateways website that cobra mentioned is www.gatewaygeneral.com

Thanks for the reports guys!! Also thanks for the Gateway website. Your right about Tar Point Guts. I caught a couple of 25in+ eyes there right in front the sign. Keep the reports coming. Thanks Hans

We will also be fishing on Nab the same time.6th thru the 13th on an Ebels houseboat. Great people Joe & Katy. I will watching the reports. Where will you be staying?

Hopefully we'll be camping on Namakan Island if it's open. There will be 4 of us up there. Look for 2 16ft v-hulls from Iowa. I'll be the big boy in the front of one of the boats.

Will be looking for you. We have a houseboat and try to dock at Big Sky Island or Blind Indian Narrows. Fished up there in June, had some luck with wallies in Koeller Bay and Dutch Bay. Nothing big all slot fish.

Good Luck