Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

Spent the last week camped at the end of Lost Bay...beautiful spot. However the fishing wasn't much.

We stopped as usual at the Gateway store for bait, ice and info. I asked the owner how the walleye fishing had been and he actually said "Absolutely terrible, can't possibly get any worse." He was pretty acurate.

After the second day of walleye hunting with only 2 fish we basically gave up and targeted pike and bass instead. We caught some decent fish and even ate a couple.

Funny thing about this trip; Even though it was the poorest fishing trip of the last dozen years or so, we still had a great time. There were many loons in the bay that talked most of the night. The northern lights were really good after midnight both Wednesday and Thursday night. I guess the older I get my priorities have changed a little. Northern lights, loons, sunrises, Ross light, campfires, rain in the pines, a stiff drink after the stars come out and good company. These are the makings of a great experience. Fish are a just bonus.

I'll be back....Polar Bear

guts

Polar Bear ,
AMEN,
For what it is worth, the weather changes brought on a little better fishing Friday, if you could find your way through the fog,and Saturday am. It is strange that leeches are the least of the bait choices now, and crawler and minnows working the best.

I've always figured on this lake, catching fish is a bonus. Good luck, guts <}}}}}><

duckhunter

We stayed down on Namakan, fishing was tuff, but we managed to get eight slot fish. Enough for a couple of shore lunches, plus we brought a couple home. We also caught most of our fish on crawlers, and crankbaits. We did catch one pike that was 35" too, plus some bass, nothing to brag about though.