• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing info on the Ash River area

Hello to all,
My wife and I will be coming up to stay at the Frontier Resort on the week of Aug. 9-16.
Can someone help me out as far as fishing tips? I will fish both Kab and Namakan for walleyes, sauger and northerns. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ode

Ode,
The best place to get info is to read the posts on this site and get on the walleye/perch site as well.

When you come up, hopefully fishing will be better, its been extremely slow. That time of year, Namakan can have the best potential.

I would think lindy rig type fishing with crawlers and or jig and minnow will be the best walleye offerings. Depths and locations you won't know till you get here, things change with the weather.

Northern pike should be active and would respond to jerkbaits, spoons, spinners and etc. I know the owner of Frontier and her and the staff will be very helpful and put you in the right direction as well. Good luck and watch the posts, guts <{{{{{><

Guts, thank you for your information. I am looking forward to fishing Namakan. I have a handheld GPS and if I can find it, have a good map which I bought last time I was up there. I will keep watching the posts.
Thanks again, Ode