Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
skyking

Fishing Report 6/21-6/27

skyking

Just got back from a week up at Kab yesterday. Fishing was a bit slow due to the mayfly hatch and also some storms that passed through during the middle of the week. The fish that we caught were mostly in the 18-22 1/2" range, but nonetheless were fun to catch. As the week progressed the mayflies seemed to be ending their hatch and the fish were starting to bite more.

At the beginning of the week we were catching 'eyes in the 12-13' range and by the end of the week they were more in the 18-26' range depending on where we were fishing. We used leeches, crawlers, and minnows for bait. Crawlers worked the best for myself at the end of the week. I guess they kind of look like the larvae the fish were dining on. Good luck and better fishing!!

guts

Thanks for the report, you seem to be right on with what other anglers have stated. A few good leech fisherman seem to think leeches are the best. I think it boils down to whatever technique works best for you, as long as the presentation is made in an attractive manor in the right place. Thanks to sharing, guts <}}}}}><

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• bluewater2
      Thanks for the up dates, we were going to come up today to find a different spot to park but have to work. Weather is supposed to be good. Hope to get on the board too.
    • Cheers
      What size  holes ?
    • OhioVike
      I don't know, not getting your mail delivered to your door is a very egregious situation.  He also has a great sense of history indicating he has vision.  Letting us know he erected his sign in 2008 provides a vivid example of his powers.  He sees the future well...he gonna be pissed at somethin!  A bit of a Nostradamus.  
    • Cret Jigs
      I will be out on Blue on Saturday morning. ... see you out there 
    • Wanderer
      That’s pretty awesome! I’ve been keeping an eye out around the house but haven’t seen enough activity to coax me out in the temps we’ve been having.  We mainly have fox around the house, and only one good yote.  We had a young wolf do a lap around the house in the spring but haven’t seen him around since.  I know I couldn’t shoot him but I’d sit out just to see him if he started showing up again. Mainly turkey tracks as of late.  
    • Wanderer
      Probably two of the safest bets in the area. I haven’t fished Crooked off Bunker for several years but it always seemed to have plenty of fish. Have you ever been on the Moore lakes near 65 and 694?  Sometimes they get a lot of attention, and I’d have to think for good reason.   Twin Lakes in Robbinsdale used to be a favorite stop for us when we were young.  Did good on pannies and surprisingly well on pike. If you don’t mind traveling further west, Medicine is a pretty good lake.  Lots of memories fishing the crappie hole in front of the beach on the southwest side.
    • PRO-V
      Gulp spray seems to help also.
    • Wanderer
      I prefer ciscoes too.  I just don’t always have access to them.  They leave a better scent trail.  That’s part of the reason for a little kick of salt on the frozen suckers.  Anise could help too.
    • Hawg
      Not that I know of. First time I used one and constantly had to clear the shavings and drill kept cutting out. Drill is a 1200# fuel. 
    • PRO-V
      I always did best with frozen Cisco's suspended on a quick strike rig.
  • Share & Have Fun