Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Ash River area in August?

Dusty

Ode.The Ash River area in August is an excellent choice. It is close to Namakan witch will Provide good walleye action. The fish will be on the deep reefs at that time of the year. It is a bit of a boat ride to some of the better fishing spots but its still closer than the west end of Kabby. Keep watching this site as the year goes on and you should pick up some good tips.

Dan

Ode

Hello fisherpeople,
My wife and I are planning on coming up to Kab sometime in August and we want to rent a cabin in the Ash river area. Any suggestions and would mid to late August be good for walleyes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We usually stay at Park Point on the west end of Kab, but want to try something different this time.
Ode

fishkab

Ode, If you haven't booked a place yet, check out the site www.ashriver.com and it will give you the resorts on the trail. Yes the walleyes should be active on the reefs that time of year. It's also a great time for smallies if you haven't gotten into that. One fightin fish and lots of fun. Good Luck fishkab

Jill

The Ash River is a great place to stay as far as central access to both Kab and Nam. A good place to check out is Ashkanam The lodge is newly remodeled and they were planning on remodeling some of the cabins over this Winter. The Frontier Resort is also an option, the cabins are pretty rustic, but the people are extremely friendly. The Ash Trail Lodge also looks nice, but it is at the end of the Trail, so it takes longer to get to by boat because of the long no wake zone.

I can't really comment on the Walleyes in August, it definitely seems to slow down that time of year, but that is my husband's department!

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 04-08-2003).]

Ode

Hello people,
Thanks for all your input, it gives us something to work with. My wife and I love the area and really look forward to a vacation in VNP. I will be checking this site regularly.
Thanks again, Ode

id suggest the frontier. the owner of the ashkanam is not very friendly and treats customers like crap. i know this from personal exprience. the frontier was very friendly during our stay and closer to the mouth of namakan.

Ode

Thank you coachbab1,
We will be staying at the Frontier this August. Thanks to all the wonderful people on this site.
Ode

Jim W

It can be a timing issue, but I have had real good success trolling cranks for walleye in the Ash river.
Make sure you stop in on your way and get a good heads up from Phil at the Gateway store!!!

Jim W

Ode

Thanks for all the people who responded. It is wonderful to have people out there that you can ask a question to and get an honest answer. We will be up there during the week of Aug. 23-Sept.1. I can't wait, it is such a nice place. If anybody will be up there during that time frame??? Let me know and we can hook up, it would be great to meet some of the people from this site.
Thanks again,Ode

Ode

Jim W,
Are you from the Kab area? I have fished Namakan before, but it was up from Crane Lake and don't really know the west end of Namakan. I may have to call on some of the good people from this site when the time gets closer.
Thanks to all who have responded
Ode