• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up Thurs.

Hey Guts or anyone else, how is the bite right now? Thurs morning we will be headed up. What they hitting on. We do plan on going in ath the Ash River Visitors Center. Any tips on what there biting on would be helpfull. Thanks again in advance for any advice. Good Fishing!
Shorthair Guy

Shorthair,
I was gone this weekend so I'm not sure what folks did. I don know most the fishing will be at the Ash River narrows, just East of there, or accross the open ice at the mouth of Lost Lake. You will know where to fish by the other folks or where the houses are set up.

Best bait still seems to be minnows, chubs, rainbows or if you have a way to keep the shiners in a consistent water temp, they wrk well to.

You will need small jigs, #4 or #6 hooks, glo jigs, angel eyes, marmooskas, rattle spoons and etc. They eyes will probably be in 28-35' deep water. Make sure your auger has an extension or bring a chisel. Night before -32 expect same tonight, lots of ice, near 36" could be more in some isolated places. No extensions to be found up this way.
Good luck, guts <}}}}}}><

Guts thanks a Ton! We will be there from Thurs morn. late till Sun morn late sometime. If you are in the area stop buy and say Hi I would like to thank you in person for all the help you have give us! We will have an 8x16 house made of mohagnay plywood with a brownish green tarp snapped on the roof. If we can get the trucks out there we will have a grey Chev. 3/4 ton with A&B Cement Const. on the doors. If not look for the Skidoo sleds and Polaris atv. Have a good on and thanks again.