• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Foot Island

Has anybody fished near foot island on namakan and kabetogama borders on the east side? My family has a cabin on it. Just windering what you catch near there.

northern boy,
Are you inquiring about summer fishing or winter fishing. Assuming you are asking about winter, I don't know, in fact I have to ask around a little if I find out about any winter activity near Footsa I'll let you know. guts <{{{{{><

Northern boy I've fished that area quite a bit over the years during the summer. You have Old Dutch bay right there that holds good walleyes and at times crappies. You also have Tar Point just a mile north and also many points with good drop offs that hold walleyes during the spring and summer. Moose Bay a couple of miles east is a good area for northerns. The area is not in a good spot for winter use. The bad ice signs are up before you get to that area. It is advisable no to go there on the ice. A note, as a kid, me used to deliver pop, and beer and grocery items to the Foots when they still lived on the island. Good Fishing Fishkab