Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
guts

Ice Conditions/Fish Info

guts

Thought I would let all the Southerners know that up here at Kab/Nam and Mukooda for Lake Trout are very safe for travel by sled four wheelers and autos*. The majority of the ice surfaces are 18-25". The recent cold front giving us the below zero temps have shrunk the pressure ridges to nearly nothing.

The recent 2" snow and flurries thereafter have made the lake surface very rideable, land trails and portages require caution due to minimal snow, however the trails have been packed.

Fishing has been on and off, eyes bite, crappies don't and vice-versa, northern pike biting well and for those that spear, the better odds are now down on the far East end of Kab., or in Namakan, live decoys with spinner box spoon is a good combo.

Good luck, guts <{{{{><

guts

YOPPDK,

Couldn't tell you much about the Crane Lake portage, but conditions there are no better than here. As you leave this area, there is less and less snowcover. I'll ask th VNP boys if they have any idea and if I get info on this Ill post ya. Guts <{{{{><

yoppdk

Thanks for that report. I was scheduled to be up that way this coming weekend, but posponed for a couple weeks hoping to get more snow.

Do you happen to know the trail/portage from Crane over to LaCroix? Wondering about the conditions there ...