• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need report on Kab&Nam. for weekend???

Hey guys first time poster. Iam going to Ash Trail Lodge for the week starting Saturday and was wondering what might be working?? Would like to try all speceies but will focus on eyes if they are willing. It also is going to be my first outing on these lakes. Thanks for any responses!!
Tracey.....

Tracey,

My advice for a first timer is to purchase a HotSpots Map. Focus on deeper water 30-60 ft w/ jigs and minnows. I sometimes do well using a lindy and a redtail chub. Concentrate on the Eastern end of the lake as fish will be migrating towards the ash river system. The mouth of the river is always good but can get very crowded. Stay wide of islands while you motor between spots. Lots of rocks will knock out your lower unit if you are not careful. Good luck and don't forget to post your results.

Just got back yesterday. The eyes are still pretty spread out, but we did find a few in the slot. used mostly minnows on jigs/lindy rigs, and picked up a few on crawlers. It helps a lot to use a stinger hook if you're using crawlers.