• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

water level question

Going to park on Sunday 8/4, expecting to camp in the Namakan Island area.

My question relates to water levels (I hear it was up quite a bit this year) and landing boats in the normal sandy beaches that many campsites have.

How high is the water and should I expect any problems getting my boat (17 ft sylvan) tied up? Any posts from people that have recently returned or live/work in the region would be great.

Have been monitoring the forum for a few weeks, it's great. The fishing reports have been helpfull, any specific updates for the Namakan/Wolf Pack Island areas?

The water level is up a bit, but it is dropping each day. I stayed on Kab last week and I guessimate the water is up 3-5" from normal.

[This message has been edited by Marmot (edited 08-02-2002).]

Kato,
Two weeks ago I fished around the areas you mentioned. I found the bite to be a little slower than my previous trips this year. Most of the fish were in the 20 to 30 ft depth range.
I will there next week too, fishing the same area. Good luck.

Hey Kato, the water level now is just fine, I love fishing both Namakan Island and Wolf Pack, while in that area try the Aligator Islands as well. As for now, be warned the bugs are really hungry, this next week will be cool, highs expected in the 70's overnights in the low 40's. Great weather. Don't forget Kab/Nam have slot limits and you must register at one of the VNP vistor centers for overnight camping. At this point it is only a formality. I've been told that the walleye bite is just beginging to pick up again. LIve bait your best bet. Good luck!