Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Cell phone coverage?

3 posts in this topic

I need cell phone coverage in the Voyagers Park area. I have Voicestream and it doesn't work there.

I've looked at the coverage map for Verizon and it appears as though it would cover that area.

Anyone have service there? If so, what carrier are you with?

Thanks!

Wish-I-Were-Fishn,
Was up on Kabby last year and my cell phone worked great, but was on roam. My service is with U.S. Cellular. My roam charges are 25 cents a min. i called the wife a couple of times down here in Iowa.
My fishing buddy with me uses Sprint, he was also on roam, don't know his roaming charges.
Now you know these two services are not in local service area. Hope this info helps.

OO Buckshot -- We will be fishing Namakan next week. 15th to the 23rd. grin.gif

Cellphone coverage is not good on Namakan lake. I have heard you can make connection by Kubel Is. and maybe farther down the lake by Pat Smith Is. You can make connection on most of Kabby. I used to have Verizon wireless and that was a local call from Kabby to Mpls. I now have Qwest and pay roaming fees of .80 a minute, ouch!
I too will be on Namakan the 15th to the 23rd. Good luck.

Dan