Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
analyzer

decisions decisions (help please)

analyzer

I have fished the eastern side of the bwcaw the last 20 years and have never experienced the western half (well, I was on Brule for the big blow) of the BWCAW nor Voyageurs Natl Park.

I recently planned a trip with my brother to portage into lake insula 2nd week of June. However since then (last week) a good friend of mine sold me his 16 foot bass tracker, and now I'm having second thoughts and am exporing the idea of visiting Kab, Crane, Sand, Nam, etc.

From a fishing perspective would you recommend Insula or go the VNP route.

I don't mind paddling and portaging, but if the fishing is every bit as good in VNP... I'm thinkin' that might be a better way to go.

Please tell me what you think.

Also, Is it difficult to find fish on so much water, our first time up. We're not picky, Smallies, pike or eyes are all fine.

What about the size of our boat, do we need a deeper V to be safe.

Thanks

G.