Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Bear

Walley Info

Polar Bear

Kab is a large body of water, add to that Namakan, Crane, Sand Point, and The Ash River and you've got way too much water to play 'hit and miss'.

I've never stayed at the Voyager but, in general, the people of that neck of the woods are some of the best. They will be more than happy to share all the fishing knowledge they have for the time of year you will be their guest. (Remember, much of their clientele are repeat customers, if you go home happy you just might book next years trip with them.)

Having said that, if your are a beginner walleye fisherman, hire a guide for the first day. If you're experienced, you ahould be able to figure it out with the help of the staff at Voyagers. I usually fish Nam but I've had some luck near Gold Portage on the east end of Kab.

In my experience, get out before dawn, fish hard for 3 hours, go in for breakfast and take a nap. Then try to be on the water at dusk for some good action. I've always been back at camp by dark but many people have told me that the night bite is some of the best fishing to be had.

Like most lakes, the best spots will have several (or many) boats backtrolling near each other shortly after sunrise. Nobody enjoys fishing in a crowd so if a crowd develops, it usually means a good school of active fish.

One more thing, buy a map and compass and know how to use them. The boat trip up to The Kettle Falls Hotel is great but I gaurantee you will get lost without the map and compass.

Best of Luck, Polar Bear

Hello to everyone & good luck at opener.
I will be at Kab for Memorial Day week staying at Voyager Lodge. This is my first trip to Kab and I would sure appreciate any info on presentation, lure / bait preferences, fishing depth and locations, especially hot spots near the lodge (I will have my better half with me) anything at all that will make the trip a success. I would appreciate anything you experienced Lake Kab fishermen would be willing to share.
I picked the lodge based on the internet site, they seem like nice folks, I hope I made a good selection. Thanks for your help.