• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walley Info

Kab is a large body of water, add to that Namakan, Crane, Sand Point, and The Ash River and you've got way too much water to play 'hit and miss'.

I've never stayed at the Voyager but, in general, the people of that neck of the woods are some of the best. They will be more than happy to share all the fishing knowledge they have for the time of year you will be their guest. (Remember, much of their clientele are repeat customers, if you go home happy you just might book next years trip with them.)

Having said that, if your are a beginner walleye fisherman, hire a guide for the first day. If you're experienced, you ahould be able to figure it out with the help of the staff at Voyagers. I usually fish Nam but I've had some luck near Gold Portage on the east end of Kab.

In my experience, get out before dawn, fish hard for 3 hours, go in for breakfast and take a nap. Then try to be on the water at dusk for some good action. I've always been back at camp by dark but many people have told me that the night bite is some of the best fishing to be had.

Like most lakes, the best spots will have several (or many) boats backtrolling near each other shortly after sunrise. Nobody enjoys fishing in a crowd so if a crowd develops, it usually means a good school of active fish.

One more thing, buy a map and compass and know how to use them. The boat trip up to The Kettle Falls Hotel is great but I gaurantee you will get lost without the map and compass.

Best of Luck, Polar Bear

Hello to everyone & good luck at opener.
I will be at Kab for Memorial Day week staying at Voyager Lodge. This is my first trip to Kab and I would sure appreciate any info on presentation, lure / bait preferences, fishing depth and locations, especially hot spots near the lodge (I will have my better half with me) anything at all that will make the trip a success. I would appreciate anything you experienced Lake Kab fishermen would be willing to share.
I picked the lodge based on the internet site, they seem like nice folks, I hope I made a good selection. Thanks for your help.