Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishin' Man

Information about a resort

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if someone could tell me some information about a resort. The resort is a Deer Horn Resort near a town of Ray, Minnesota. If anyone could tell me some stuff about the resort and stuff like that I would be very happy. Thanks for any information.

Fishin' Man

Have you made reservations, or just looking for a place up on Kab? I used to work next door to Deer Horn Resort for 4 years and it looked like an alright place to stay. I think Eileen still runs the place.

They have 6-7 cabins, boats & motors for rent, bait and their dock was alright. There is good fishing right out in front of their dock if you're looking for walleyes, especially with a north wind.

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 04-26-2002).]

Thanks for the information. I have no idea what we plan on doing yet. But any more information would be nice.

Fishin' Man

fish-n-man,

I spent a week on Kabetogama last Sept. We stayed at Pine AIre resort. It was clean etc, but wasn't really what I like in a resort. It had it's own harbor(nice) etc, but If I had an option I would get a cabin or resort much closer to the Ash river and Namakan! More options for fishing.
What time of year are you planning on going there?

Jim W

We,ve stayed at Deer Horn Resort for several years. Eileen still runs everything. We have never been disappointed at Deer Horn. everyone is always friendly & great on telling their fishing escapades. You can pay for guiding if you're not having any luck, but we,ve always seemed to do well fishing all the years we,ve been going there. Get your reservations in quick - they may be full for this season. We always put ours in 1 year ahead of time. Deer Horn is a great place!! Good Luck!!

Larry.

------------------