Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim W

Resorts on Kab or Nam

9 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Curious about a list of resorts for Kabetogama and Namakan. Planning on a Fall fishing trip to either or! Thanks a lot! How has the walleye fishing been? Keep the rods bendin!!! Jim W

Is Kabetogama a good Fall walleye lake? I'm aware of the slot and how long it has been implace. I also heard that Namakan is better in the fall? I want an honest answer, not an economically driven one! Thanks Jim W

Hi Jim,
I fish kab/Namakan lakes 5-6 times every year. My last trip is the first week in Sept. so I don't know if I'll be of much help. I mainly fish Namakan and the east end of Kab. I stay at a resort on the Ash River which is the closest access to Namakan. Around mid summer the Walleyes will move up on the many reefs on Namakan and provide some good action. My best fishing is usually in August so Iam sure late Sept/ Oct would be as good or better. By the way, the fishing has improved since the slot was Implimented. My personal best over the past two years on Namakan is 8#6oz which was released. Hope that helps you some.
Dusty

Thanks Dusty!!
Is there anyone who fishes Kab a lot and has a good understanding of the Fall bite? DUsty, how far out of the Ash(how long) does it take to hit Kab and or Nam?
I'm trying to figure out if I want to hit Kab hard for a week or do a combination of Kab-Nam.
Any information about the Fall walldog bite on Kab and Nam-- average location and presentations would be of great service!! Thanks again! Keep them rods bendin'!!!
Jim W

Jim
The Ash river has four resorts. The river it self is a no wake zone,so where you stay dictates how long it takes to hit the lake. Once out of the no wake area you enter Sullivan bay. Its about a 2mi boat ride to the main lake from there.
Dusty

Dusty, do you have any info regarding the fall bite on Kab/Nam? Walldogs that is!!!!!

Jim, I can't help you there. I don't fish past mid sept. To busy chasing fur and feathers.
Dusty

Well then, how has it been for you in Mid-september? That time frame is usually a good indication of things to come!