• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DNR admits Lac Qui Parle Reg. is not working

In an article in today's Willmar paper the DNR is proposing a new walleye Reg. on LQP. starting May 2005. They admit that the current Regulation with a 15" min. is not working. The new rule would be a 4 fish limit with one over 20" (same as Big Stone). The 15" minimum has led to the lowest number of large fish in the lake in memory. People were keeping fish that they would have released normally. Apparently some walleyes also died of natural causes before reaching 15" because of limited food supplies. Angling pressure has dropped off. The 15" minimum started in 1996. I'm glad to see that they can admit it is not working- but I also think this problem could have been identified earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

about time they change the regs. I use to fish the lake alot more before the 15" min and, other than one outing, caught fish over 15". You could always catch one eater now you see little 'eyes around 13-14" floating dead from people not keeping deep hooked fish or dropping fish over bridge, made me sick last fall.

hey scotty, when you going out fishing again?. you been out much atall or not?.

I am living at home this whole year so we will have to get out a bunch and check it out.

Haven't hit area waters much. Have had decent luck on florida (northerns, sunnies, and bass).

Caught a crappie on school grove trolling a shad rap in August.

Sebrings, on the river, should be picking up.

give me a call sometime maybe able to sneak out.

Went to sebrings on river and caught a few nice walleyes, and a channel on friday night scott. not to bad down there. then went to goldmine and caught a huge snapping turtle.

I was using a orange, floating spinner that i had sink to the bottom with egg weights. using bigger minnows. Hawk is hard to fish because it is really fast now, sebrings looks pretty good, and so does eddy. Friday night might work. i will give you a call if i can make it out.