Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tram

big kandi catfish tournament

4 posts in this topic

Does any one know anything about the Big Kandi catfish tournament? I would like to know what the hours are and what are the prizes? Do they catch catfish and how do they do it? Or do other fish qualify?

I don't know a lot about it but they do catch some big cats out of Big Kandi. I'm pretty sure only cats count in the contest.

------------------

<*)))))))><{

I guess I should have posted about the Cat Tourney earlier. The hours are from 7am to 3pm on Sat. Aug. 7th. Entry fee is $25 per team (2 person). I can't remember the payout, but I think first is like $350 or so, it's probably based on total number of boats entered (50 boat limit). Catfish are the only fish allowed for the tourney. The Tourney is run out of Park #2 on the N/NE corner of the lake, the ph. # is 320-664-4707. There have been some bigger cats caught in years past during the tourney, I think the biggest I remember was ~17lbs. Some years most boats catch fish and other years only a few fish are weighed in. Typical cat baits are, any cutfish, scented dough balls, frogs, leaches, crawlers, livers, etc. It's usaully a pretty good time. I hope they get close to filling the 50 boat limit. Hope to see you there! smile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for the info guys hope to see you there.