Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peerchking

may flies on green

5 posts in this topic

I hear from some people that when the may flies are falling in the lake, that the fishing falls of the deep end and you might as well forget it.And then the next person will say nonsence it does not effect fishing one bit.anyone like to share there thoughts !!!

thanks peerchking

They're hatching good now. By this weekend it should be in full swing.

They're still catchable.

The walleyes feed on the emerging mayflies. I would say if you use crawlers, or small jig/minnow combo you may do OK. I'm thinking if taking my wife and son just to fish for fun. Unless I have guide trip. I had a person offer to hire me for pretoury trip.

I was just out fishing on green on Sunday and I saw the mayflies are just starting to show up. I didnt see very many though, like less than a dozen on me. grin.gif But the water bugs and nats are getting to be thick out there. Man on a calm day they sure like them white shirts. :P

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

The mayflies were pretty thick on Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday and Sunday there were very few flies out there. I don't know if the flies are the reason, but crawlers produced a lot of fish.