Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
big eyes

nest lake by spicer

big eyes

anyone out there that can tell me where to fish walleyes on nest lake. i'll be there june 14-18. let me know where the hot spots are. i've got 2 kids ages 8 and 10 that would like to catch a few eyes. thanks

------------------

LocalGuide

Hey, are you staying at any resort on the lake?
If so you may see me out there around that time. My grandparents have a cabin on that lake so I maybe up there then.
I am in a 2003 (gray) Alumacraft tourny pro with a 140 white 4-stroke Johnson.
Email me and I can give ya some tips- localguide_ar@hotmail.com .

Its a fun lake to fish once you can figure it out.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

big eyes

this is big eyes were staying at cedar point resort. i'll be fishing in a green smoker craft boat with a 40 merc tiller on it. e-mail me with some tips if you can

big eyes

hey can anyone tell me if the walleyes are biting on nest lake and where to fish them

Brother Bro

big eyes ...

Go with what local guide says.... He knows the lake well!!

------------------
Brother Bro

Work Less Play More

JG33

Big Eyes,

I am new to the area, but have fished Nest a couple of times this year. Be prepared for WEEDS! Lots of cabbage all the way out to 16-18 feet almost everywhere in the lake.

As far as a report, I didn't spend a whole lot of time, but check the breakline on the West side of the lake, seemed to be the best for me. I will let ya know if I figured it out a little more.

JG

I doubt you are seeing cabbage all the way out that far.

Nest is always choked with coontail/northern milfoil, sometimes so bad you cannot get through it. They even run a weed harvester out there at times.

There are some cabbage beds, but not that thick.

Good luck!

LocalGuide

No, there is thick cabbage out to about 6' or 7' deep. Then it is some grass and scattered thin cabbage down to about 14' and grass is out to about 15'. Were I was fishing eyes was at about 16', right outside of the weedline.
I caught a few eyes this rainy weekend. But it was just enought to keep me occupied and not try to much for some pike action.

------------------

big eyes

anyone been fishing nest lake for walleyes in the last couple days. looking for some info. big eyes

fish-4-fun

you are almost sure to catch some northern trolling the shore line

LEECH21

NOT ONLY HAMMERHANDLES,BUT A FEW NICE ONES! I'VE CAUGHT A FEW 10LB+ PIKE TROLLING NEST OVER THE YEARS.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

LEECH21

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THEY HAVE RIPPED UP THE BRIDGE ON NEST FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION? UNDER THE BRIDGE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO FISH. IF YOU ONLY HAD A FEW HOURS TO FISH, JUST GRAB YOUR RODS AND TACKLE AND HEAD TO THE BRIDGE. BEATS TAKING TIME TO PUT THE BOAT IN AND OUT. I'VE SEEN 10LB+ NORTHERNS, 3LB+ SMALLIES, 4LB+ WALLEYES, AND SOME BIG LARGEMOUTH COME OUT OF THE BRIDGE. DOES ANYONE ALSO KNOW IF IT WILL STILL BE "FISHABLE" WHEN THEY'RE DONE?

------------------

<*))))))))><{

LocalGuide

LEECH21, First can ya please turn your caps off. Its hard to read.
Second, the bridge is getting done, they got about 65% of it done. I guess it opens October 1st (I think). It looks almost better for fishing wise, theres more room down there! I dont know, as I only can come up to them yellow things fishing, that there is even going to be problem there. It looks nice, Im impressed.

My biggest pike out of nest has been a 16lber. Any my personal biggest eye was a beatiful 6lber but I have seen bigger ones caught.
Otherwise its a lake that you need to learn about. That = lots time spent on the water. After you "figured it out" it can be a easy and great lake to fish. Just like any other lake.

------------------

Brother Bro

big eyes

It's been kinda tough the last 3-4 days I have fished steady with not much luck... I have tried different presentations ..leeches, crawlers, minnows, trolling... mostly the weather has screwed things up... actually caught some really nice sunnies along one shoreline yesterday!
trolling for gators have even been tough..water temp this morning was 65' still lots of cabbage weeds ...key thing to rememember is even if the weeds are way out from shore ....you can troll along the inside instead 10-12 ft range

Good Luck

------------------
Brother Bro

Work Less Play More
PS Leech turn off your CAPS
[This message has been edited by Brother Bro (edited 06-10-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Brother Bro (edited 06-10-2004).]