• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if there are any IBOTS in this area? Maybe we could go clamping. grin.gif

GRIZ

I know of a couple in Willmar. I spend quite a bit of time there once the duck hunting season starts. After lay-off, around Thanksgiving, I do alot of ice fishing in the area between trips to the promised land. Look for the sticker on the back of my shack. A new chapter may be in order.

IBOT's #17 & 248

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 05-14-2004).]

Bryce

Well I guess is what I was getting at is I havn't clamped yet. Was wondering if any IBOTS around might want to meet up and I would. Then we could go find some more vict oops recruits. grin.gif

Yes I do think get a few more members and a new chapter could then be formed.

GRIZ Waiting to clamp.

We'll just have to get you clamped then. When and where yet to be determined. Paynesville? Never iced on Koronis. Time it right and get a bunch together and I bet I could even talk the infamous Jigglestick to attend our ceremony. Will send out e-mails to other notorious members to join in on this thread and we'll get it going.

IBOT's #17 & 248
Ready to get another chapter started.

o.k. i'll jump in here. say december 27th at 7:00p.m. bryce, you name the meeting place. we can clamp and toast the gods right after we are done fishing for the afternoon!!
i like plans like this smile.gif

------------------
an "all chapters, charter member" jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

When ever would be fine. Any earlier than thanksgiving and it would have to be a weekend. I work construction and am stuck in ND til then. BTW jigglestick I asked a ? on another post and didn't get an answer. If you are an all charters member does that mean you clamped in all the diff chapter areas? smile.gif

GRIZ

as a matter of fact you did get an answer. because i put it there, unless it was deleted, though such an occurance would be rare grin.gif
this is sort of how it went:
why yes i have. smile.gif
the exception of course would be the new chapters that keep popping up for some reason smile.gif
and in those chapter areas, yes i will also clamp!!
heck i even clamped once cruising down 94 from rogers to the ****ies at 5:00 a.m.
you can guess the speed of travel, for a count of ten. i would not advise it grin.gif

------------------
an "all chapters, charter member" jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 05-16-2004).]

jiggle

I might have thaught I put that ? in a different place and forgot to check? If I'm ever running late to work sounds like I should just have you lead the way and tell you we're going to a new IBOT chapter meeting. grin.gifgrin.gif

With them tears in your eyes are you sure you were still on the road or just confused.gif

GRIZ

Ok guys....

Don't go spreading the boundaries of the Triangle!!! No need for it's powers to reach this far south!! Have enough trouble as it is, do not need more!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

bryce, nice!! you bringing that to I.B.O.T. fest??
what are we going to do when we run out?
hopefully uncle nutsy can gaurd dog that many at one time grin.gif
tom, we are not spreading the boundaries. we simply have not found them yet. we are still looking though. the word is what's spreading. kind of like the "snowball" effect.
the good thing is the more people that know about the I.B.O.T."s, the better off we all are smile.gif

------------------

Paul Waldowski and I have a theory.....

We believe we have found the epicenter of the triangle...and it’s not Red. Red is only an extension of a much greater, more sinister and far far more evil power than we could ever imagine.

Buffalo Bay.

The weekend before our trip to BB we were up on LOTW for the ice series event. Paul had trouble getting his sled to run right, it was only firing on one cylinder.....if we only knew what this small signal of warning was trying to tell us...we should have listened...go back!..GO BACK!! At the time, we did not know we were about to head into the belly of the beast.....

Our first night on BB, we headed out onto the lake only to find that it's evil powers had already conjured up a surprise for us...the primordial ooze known as SLUSH...this was a weapon that the epicenter decided to throw at us time and time again....

Paul’s sled became the first victim of this hidden trap...On the way back into shore, the powers of the triangle found its mark...hitting the sled with not one but TWO blown cylinders.

We should have just picked up, counted our losses and left that god-forsaken place...BUT NOOOOOOOOO, we had to continue to tempt fate and challenge the powers....

If we had only clamped...If we had only heeded the advice of the all knowing IBOTS, maybe even stopped into the temple of the West Winds before making our journey....maybe then, we would have been safe, maybe then we would have been able to look the triangle in its black hearted eye and screamed at the top of our lungs..."BRING IT ON!!"

But no, we had to make the mistake of challenging this dark beast...a move that it would make us pay dearly for....

The epicenter has a way of hitting its victims with the cruelest form of trickery known to man. We discovered this favorite method on our 2nd day...and it wasn’t pretty.
You see, the epicenter likes to use temperature as a key tool in claiming its victims. It drops the temperature just enough to form a nice false sense of security known to most of us as CRUST. Beneath this crust lies the epicenter's version of quicksand....SLUSH...the same slush that claimed Paul's sled the night before was now laying in wait beneath this layer of false hope....the hope of actually being able to venture out onto the waters that held the prize...the prize of walleye, jumbo perch and monster jacks.

Maybe it was our fault that we somehow believed that we had conquered the beast that day. Maybe we celebrated a little too much as we proclaimed victory...it was not to be. For the epicenter was about to unleash a wrath so vile, so despicable that it's likes have not been seen by many, for when the epicenter declares that it is time for revenge, there are few who survive to tell the tale....

Using its ally called temperature, the epicenter began to transform the crust which had given us safe refuge, into 2 feet of sloppy, wet, sticky SLUSH.

My sled was the first to go, blowing its engine 8 miles from our cabin. It had to be left behind to be retrieved the following morning. A fallen comrade, victim of the epicenter.

The journey back in was one of pure H E double toothpicks.... 80 MPH of splashing water, flying ice and snow, and bumps that threw gear, sleds and men violently into the air. We barely made it back to shore, but we did. We were safe, we were back on terra firma where the powers of the triangle could not touch us....oh what fools we were.

During our celebration of joy of having made it back, someone noticed the smoke coming out from under the hood of one of the sleds....FIRE!!!!

In a frantic effort, we threw as much snow onto the blaze as we possibly could, eventually dousing the flames.

Could this be the end of our suffering? Alas, the epicenter would claim one more victim before it was through with us.

That night the winds of the triangle blew harder than they ever had. We could feel the walls and windows creak under the strain of the gail force blasts. It was a long night wondering what was the next surprise to come....

Lucky for us, its last victim was not one of our own. Sitting in the cabin we observed a fellow and his wife approach the access in their truck. He sat there, contemplating whether or not to proceed....we shouted to ourselves.."DON'T DO IT!!"...But he did.

Right out onto the lake, and right down to his frame.

There he sat, buried in crust and slush up to his axels. We decided to be good Samaritans and went out to help. That is when the epicenter decided to take one last shot. The final casualty of the weekend was the bumper from this guy’s truck. It laid there, severed from its body, rope attached around it leading to Paul's Durango...Oh the horror!

We believe that maybe BB is not the epicenter, maybe the true source of evil lies further to the North, or maybe West. All we know is that it is not a place we wish to find. We got lucky. We made it back. Maybe that is why the true epicenter of the triangle has never been found...no one returns to tell the tale.

Tom I'm not trying to spread the boundries of the triangle merely trying to protect myself from it. I had it follow me all the way from URL 2 yrs ago and it didn't stop once I got home.

GRIZ

• 3 weeks later...

psegriz, are you going to make it to the fest? email me and let me know if ya would smile.gif

------------------