Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
doubleUcubed

Local Opener Predictions?

doubleUcubed

I think the opener could be pretty slow on some of the Southern area lakes after the strong winds Tues. There was a tremendous amount of dirt blowing around, it looked like a black snow storm in Northern Renville and Southern Kandiyohi County. I'm sure the lakes are really turned up with a lot of dirt/silt in them. Still hoping for some rain to help out. Good luck to all! smile.gif

LocalGuide

All I hope for is so it isnt cold, rainy, and windy.
But what is opener with out a challenge like that? grin.gif

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

psegriz

Actually I think it would kinda be nice to have a wet windy and rainy opener. It most likely would deter some people from fishing, but then the accesses would be more open. grin.gif Wouldn't have to wait so long that way. Patience never has been one of my better points.

GRIZ

J'sBait&Sport

I HEARD IT'S GOING TO BE WINDY, SNOWING AND POSSIBLE SNOW STROMS......heee..hee JUST KIDDIN'...........
INFACT MY 10DAY EXTENDED WEATHER FORCAST SHOW CLEAR SKIES WITH 69 DEGREES ALL THROUGH THE WEEK END..LET'S JUST KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSS.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL, AND REMEMBER C.P.R

LATER,

JAY

------------------
J's Bait & Sport

LEECH21

I BELIEVE THE OPENER WILL BE WORSE THAN NORMAL FOR TWO REASONS. 1. THIS SPRING HAS BEEN SUPER DRY MEANING THE AREAS WERE NORTHERNS SPAWN ARE DRIED UP OR RUNNING REAL SLOW MAKING SPAWNING AREAS LIMITED. 2. FOR WALLEYES THE OPENER FALLS ON A DATE WHERE WE'RE COMING INTO A NEW MOON. I THINK THE DAY BITE, IF ITS BREEZY, MIGHT BE BETTER THAN THE NIGHT BITE BECAUSE THE EYES WON'T BE FEEDING AS HEAVY DURING LOW LIGHT TIMES. THAT'S MY PREDICTION.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

walleyewacker

With the warmer spring and warmer water temps I think that the post spawn feedbags might be on and more bigger females will be turned. Every lake is different of course but as far as walleyes in shallower lakes go it seems to be right on track with what Ive seen in SO DAK latley with similar water temps. high hopes I guess.

doubleUcubed

Geez, if there're gonna have the feedbags on we all better pray for rain, sleet, hail and high winds!! frown.gif

walleyewacker

....very good point....

as you and I well know kandi can be a prime example. Everyone hammer em, but remember a little CPR.

walleyeking#8

Totally agree with walleyewacker, please practice catch and release. My prediction is it will be like every other minnesota opener, some lakes good, some bad. I was out this evening trying for some crappies on this particular lake using tube jigs and didn't catch a single crappie. What I did catch were nice walleyes, in 4' of water or less. I could be mistaken, but I swear I saw a real large walleye surface in about 4' of water. I saw that distinct white tail which led me to believe it was a walleye. I think the biggest effect on this years opener is going to be this last cold front that has moved in. Brrrrr! Well goodluck on opener and the rest of this year. Remember, CPR!CPR!

DARK30

doubleUcubed, or anyone... Is the outlet (Kandi to Lillian) running very good? Are any of the creeks moving? Looks like we got some rain moving through anyway. I was kinda hoping to stay dry and warm this year. The last two openers out that way were a little cold and wet!

WET NETS! smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

islander

Dark 30, I was at the outlet two weeks ago and the the water was 6" below the top of the dam. The chanel from the lake to the dam was dry.

doubleUcubed

Dark, I've been out of town for work lately but it's dry! Very dry! So dry I still have my lift and dock on shore! smile.gif OK, maybe I'm lazy. No flow into or out of Kandi. or Lillian. I suppose I'll be up to check out the annual party at your opener lake! Good Luck and dress warm, I had frost on the windshield this morning!

Jim W

Guys,
Believe it or not, I will be headed over the SPicer area on SUnday. I am not usually one to "do" the opener thing, but will be enjoying a nice ride from good friend Tom Herman.

If you see us, give a holler! Always good to meet new faces and see old ones. Some prettier than others..of course!

Good luck, be patient and be safe, the catching comes naturally!

OH, my prediction? Tom doesn't stand a chance!lol

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 05-14-2004).]

Ok Jim,
Since when did this turn into a competition? Just remember who is controlling the boat...LOL grin.gif

I hope the T-Storms hold off for us.

My prediction will be for a very slow Saturday. That's why I'm sleeping in (after a late night watching the Wolves kick Sacto's butt grin.gif), hitting a few pike spots and then It'll be trolling mania for eyes after dark. Not sure which lake(s) yet.

DARK30

Sounds like we may end up on Ringo tomorrow night...No point in fishing creeks with no water. Course the party sounds good!

WET NETS!

------------------

DARK30

If we end up there and things are happening, probably till the wee hours. Not planning on being anywhere till just before dark though. We'll be in a Skeeter tiller..I think its red can't remember....3 guys..two ugly ones smile.gif

WET NETS! smile.gif

------------------

doubleUcubed

I'm bolting from work now!! Gonna try and get the dock and lift in yet this pm. Good Luck to all, have fun and be safe!! smile.gifsmile.gif PS, if it gets too nice out I might have to turn up a little AC/DC and rock the lake!! smile.gif