• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CRAPPIES ON FOOTLAKE

Whats the deal with the crappies on Footlake.I did a lot of ice fishing out there this winter and had my camera down the hole and they were all over the place,the thing is they wouldn't bite.It didn't matter what baits you used,they just had a mind of their own.

Call being VERY picky.
Same way one Nest lake, they are down there, but just dont want to bite. When that happens just whip out the tip-ups and hold on. If the pike follow the crappies they will definitly bite on a tip-up.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

Yes I know how you feel. When I was thinking of buying a camera decided to rent one 1st to see what I thought about them. Hung it 2' above my jig had 11 crappies staring at it like chinese firing squad. No matter what I tried they wouldn't bite. Never did get a camera was too mad. Now I'm thinking of getting one again.

By the way iizfishin welcome to the forum. grin.gif

GRIZ

What size hooks and bait were you using. I had that once than I switched to smaller baits. Size 20 trout hooks, mayfly nymph, worked a few times. I also had crappies only want big baits like 2 3/4in. fatheads. At times anything is worth trying.

[This message has been edited by jigginjim (edited 04-21-2004).]

Well, evolution, smart or just simply too good for your Bait (hee...hee just kiddin')might be some of the reasons I can think of.

I thought it was funny to read the topic issues so didn't want to be left behind and thougth I should also put in my two cents hee......hee......

Later,

Jay

------------------
J's Bait & Sport