• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been out on Osakis this week. The guy at corner bait said the ice was about 7" on tuesday. Also said there was a ice heave by four mile. Putting the shack out Sat. Will let you all know how it went.

Thanks Finlander. Were you out yesterday?

My girlfriends brother is probably going to put his house up on the north end, and I will put mine towards the south. That way we will be able to move around a bit. Have you ever fished 4 mile bar much?

Good luck this weekend.

No, havn't been there since November 30th.
My brother lives there in our cabin next to Holiday Resort next to the access!
He said fishing has been slow the last few days, not like it was a very frst ice.
I havn't fished four mile in the winter for many years because we have two permanent houses out from our cabin and usually don't need to venture from there.
I'll be up there on the 19th weekend to try and rip some lips.
Good Luck!!

i was out from the north access this evening with my brother. 10" of ice and people driving on.
managed one small crappie after dark. i could pull fish off the bottom in 28 feet, but they had no interest.

jim

Thanks for the updates. Joyces brother and I were going to put ours out over the weekend, but it didn't work out. Don't sound like I missed much though. He has off on tuesday, so we will try again. It's a b*#!*h having my house here and not having it out. No truck these days and relying on someone else sucks. Again, thanks!

I am new in ice-fishing on Osakis. I was at the north end last Sunday morning and saw most of houses sitting on between 10 and 15 feet of water. I did not see any sign of fish at these depths. Will walleyes or crappies be coming up at night to feed or people just fish sunnies?

i remember fishing osakis as a kid, the crappies are more of morning and evening bite.
i was out there my self on the north end, the access across from caughren point. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/results.html i got out there for the evening bite, i managed to get one small crappie from the only time i seen the school come through. the shore line for the unmarked access that you can drive out from is a very steep drop right from the shore, we where out in 28 feet.
i plan on giving it a try again this weekend.

jim

yes as far as i can tell. if i remember right its the second road on the left when heading south west on 10 from 37.

its been a while for me also, i just moved up to alexandria from the cities for work. i plan on getting over there as much as possible now that im only 15 min from the lake.
i plan on getting over there sun and monday, im hoping this snow egot will help.

jim

Welcome aboard FZ, decided to go north end instead of 4 mile. At least for now. Gonna try working 20-30 ft across from battle point. Good luck and will let you know how we do.

Went out for a couple hours tonight. 2 eyes one northern and lost two. 21 ft. Eyes were 16 and 18. Hitting pretty steady after 5.

Jim, thanks for the comments. I guess I was on the top of break from these houses. Is this unmarked access public?

Thanks for the report, perchj. I will be there for a week after Christmas. Since our cabin does not have Internet access, I have to share my result when I return to the city.

13" of ice through out the lake.
Big trucks pulling big shacks all over the lake!
Slow bite for me went searching for them walleyes and only found a few!
Getting real busy with car and truck travel on the north end which really slows down the bite.

FZ, If you get this, stop in and visit my house over the week-end. 6x8 green with white trim across from battle point. So far the eyes have been pretty slow. Got 4 northern and lost 3 yesterday. Perch started to bite in the afternoon. You can tell when you are going to get a northern strike, because the perch quit and within five minutes you will get a northern. Fishing 23ft for now, but may move into 30 next week.

Hey guys looks like the fishing is good I heading up for the week. I will probely be on the ice every day. My brother went up two weeks ago I guess it was kind of slow I was wondering if the pressurecrack went down the one that run off of battle point.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

SHOULD HAVE BEEN DAR YESTERDAY

The check is still there but they got a couple of small houses on the other side of it now. Seems to be a lot of houses moving down from the head the last few days. Sounds like the crappies are starting a little bit now also. Merry Xmas to one and all!

i am a newbie,at least to the ice.my father has a cabin on oaskis near the head of the lakes.(north end)since i've no clue where the fish areany help would be greatly appreciated.we are going up there wednesday night or thursday morning and staying up for the weekend.and where is a good place to go for new years up there.my dad whats to make this a yearly family grt together.thanks

watch out near the pressure ridges had a buddy drive his Blazer right to the bottom tuesday night