• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm planing on heading up to stay with the parents next weekend and wondering how the ice is shaping up in the area. It's supposed to be pretty cold this week, so I'm hoping we make some ice. Also, how has the recent walleye bite been? I usually hit Darling for early ice walleye's. Any info is appreciated.

Quite a few shaks put out on Darling this weekend. 6+ inches of ice... From the reports I've gathered, they've done pretty well with the 'eyes too. You should have pretty good luck...full moon coming up this week too...

good luck and good fishing

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Sko-

Did OK this weekend. Got out for about 4 hours saturday evening. Caught & released 2 12"-13" Eyes and lost several larger ones at the hole. Would have caught more, but I spent more time trying to light my lantern than fishing! Fish were biting in 17' of water, plain hook and shiner. Couldn't get a bite jigging. Hope to be up in a couple more weeks.

Ice was around 10" thick.