Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Ranger sport

Oscar ice?

Ranger sport

Anyone been by oscar is it froze over?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
    • smurfy
      Everyone must of been at corkies for the meat raffle Saturday. yea those landing looked a bit scary. Thought it was a bit funny, seen several holes augered in the river Saturday when I drove by.
    • eyeguy 54
      fun day for sure moose. always a good time when we hit the ice.  
    • Poutwhacker
      I am setting up a fishing trip this summer, out of Wheelers Point. It'll be one of those guided, 3 nights/2 days fishing scenarios. Have not decided on a resort yet. Having been there before, I know the fishing is usually very good, but just wondering if there is a better time of the year for a trip like this. Leaning towards mid July - August. Thanks in advance.
    • IceHawk
      Was out there fishing today and it looked a lot different then yesterday. At least 15 vehicles and at least 5 wheelers. looked like small citys. There was a lot of ice getting shredded out there! The bite was sporadic but things r on the upside. Found some crappies today rideing right under the ice and they were aggressive! Access is just about toast heading out on Horseshoe pretty open.  Cedar island was looking tough when I left couple more warm days and its wheeler city for this cat. 
    • monstermoose78
      Went out today to get the father in law out and meet Eyeguy for some fishing fun! What a great day to be alive and fishing. I was using my pug bug like always and Eyeguy was putting the hurt to the gills with 3 mm jig. I grabbed my gander mountain special with a fribil titanium spring bobber and put a jig just like eyeguy’s on and it was game on. I am not sure how many fish were caught, but it was a good number. I released all my fish which I normally do and just enjoyed catching them. I did watch Eyeguy to see how he jigs for them gills. I tried to match Eyeguy’s style. It is important to watch how people work a jig. gills ranged from 4-9.25 inches and crappies 5-10.75 inches. Plenty of eater sized gills and crappies were caught. 
    • pikeandchester
      Spent some time on Jefferson (east) and Francis. Ice is holding up well. Accesses are a bit beat up but manageable. still a bit of crusty snow on top and the ice is thick, didn't measure. Still trucks driving out. Fishing was very tough, was trying for sunnies  caught one small bass. Lots of lookers. Drove by Madison yesterday and saw trucks with wheel houses out.
    • smurfy
      drove by the chain yesterday about 3;30 ish. sure was quiet out there. i didn't see a soul on horsehoe, a few on becker, and a couple on cedar island in the bay just south of the road access.
    • CigarGuy
      My neighbor at my cabin recently bought several acres adjoining his property and another neighbor had posted part of it-thinking he owned it.  My neighbor was planning on having it surveyed, so for the heck of it, I downloaded the trial OnX hunt map.  Only one pin on my property is visible in the winter, it was right on the pin.  We went and checked his property lines out and the neighbor that posted it, didn't own as much property as he thought he did. The OnX map property lines were fairly close to the actual lines, which were verified when surveyed.  If there are indeed pins or some kind of stakes in the ground, this should get you close enough to use a metal detector. 
    • Wanderer
      None of the GPS mapping or GIS can be used as legal documents.  The best thing would’ve been to spend the $350 or so for Title Insurance when the land was purchased.  With the insurance the lines are checked and any discrepancies are corrected. After that, yup, it’s up to getting a new survey. best of luck to ya.