• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello All,

I was planning to go out to Minnewaska on 9/19 to fish the lake for the first time.

I know it is a walleye lake, but I have also heard it is a dandy bass lake.

Any tips for early fall largemouth there. I am used to fishing plastic (worms, brushhogs, etc) in milfoil lakes.

Will I have to alter my approach?

Any tips would be appreciated...and the by the way, the big ones always go back in after a photo.

RandyFish

Randyfish...Minnewaska is a dandy bass lake...some nice smallies there too. There is some milfoil near the starbuck marina, and one patch out in the middle, so your patterns should be successful. Texas rig worms, or carolina rig brush hogs are good choices. Also try jig worms or senkos. Dark colors have been best in the fall...motor oil or purple or black. Good luck and let us know how you do...

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

RandyFish, hopefully by the 19th the water temp. will have dropped into the mid 60's. It's running 71 to 72 now depending on the lake. On waska you should be able to hit the flats up on the Glenwood end with buzzers or just bubbling a spinner-bait in the mornings and have a good bite. If you run the weed-lines 4-6 feet you will see distinct breaks, usually by the points, I fish these hard with jerk baits in the fall for smallies.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com