• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I plan on fishing Osakis the third week of August, and was wondering if/how the bass there should be targeted? I know there are a few Largemouth in the lake, but does anybody catch many smallies?? I've caught Largemouth scattered throughout the lake, but was looking for more specific and consistant spots to try. Any tips on depth to fish at that time of year??

Thank for any info you can provide!!

Duck-o-holic

Try fishing Moon Bar and the Rock Pile.
They are next to each other and there is great smallie structure there for sure.
We would fish for sunfish there in August and my father would catch a smallmouth on his old cane pole and some of them smallmouth would break his poles. It was a hoot listening to him swear in Finnish at those smallmoth. Also try Millers point right next to the bullrushes, there are a lot of rock there and I have caught a few smallies there trolling for walleyes.
Good Luck! wink.gif

Fin--

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to check out those spots. The story about your grandpa made me laugh! I'll bet it would be very rewarding to land a large smallie on a canepole! You Fins are great outdoorsmen. I played hockey with a Fin from Willmar, and hunted in Canada with him. He lives for being in the woods!!

Thanks again...

Duck-o-holic

I would try around rock pile. and the east sore line around it I have had pretty good luck there in the past a couple of hogs
Good luck to ya

SHOULD HAVE BEEN DAR YESTERDAY