• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just got back from lake mary besides the icky weather it wasn't bad out there on saturday and mary was a hot lake from what i could see... i had my limit by noon of walleyes and nice ones to 17in to 21inches.. so my opener wasn't a bust like i heard so many others were..

Was on Mary also this weekend. Except I didn't get to fish as my wife had me working on the camper! Hope to get out there next weekend.

Hot bait??? Depth??? Jigging??? Lindy Rig???

i just used glow rattle jig and fatheads.. fished on the otherside of point on little mary about 10 to 12ft and jiged real hard and was going slow enough to keep line straitght down slow slow slow.. what resort are you at im on bigfoot

Wow-I wish I went to Mary instead of Reno. Did alright on Reno but where going to go to mary and changed our minds. Did you see others catching walleyes or were you the only ones with a Limit?

Brian
Whitecap Splashguards
www.whitecapmfg.com

We are in Eden Acres II...Almost got a lot in Big Foot but decided on Eden Acres. Glad to hear you got a few...Looked like Little Mary was full of boats but didn't hear how they were doing. I have 17'5 Alumacraft green and beige w/a yamaha 115 on the back if you see one on the lake stop by and tell me where to catch them...I don't have a clue on that lake. Use to fishing these prairie lakes in SW MN.

in the lipper,
there were alot of fish caught from what i could see in the fish cleaning house 5 -5 gallon pails full of walleyes.... so i know i wasnt the only one that got fish.. i will be on the lake in a 1800 lund pro-v anniversary edition black and gold with walleyes on the side with a 175 merc on the back and a 9.9 white four stroke yamaha kicker look me up on lake...

I will be at Eden acres 2 this weekend also. I have never fished this lake, but it sounds pretty hot right now. Any advice on where to go, or is there good fishing by the resort?

Thanks in advance.

Ole

ole,

go to little mary bay and where the point comes out as your going in there it will be on your right side fish off the reed that are coming up in 10 to 12 ft of water go slow use rattle jigs and fatheads that's what i had my luck with. and jig it pretty hard every 30 seconds snap jig.. if there still there they will bite be patient caught all my fish between 10:30 and 1:00 but it was cloudy that day so if it sunny might want to get out earlier.. hope this helps

Thanks

I'll give that a try. How is the night fishing on this lake?

Thanks again.

Ole

I will be fishing on Lake Mary the first week in June. How should the fishing be then? What is the Lake level? I imagine that it is down from a year ago. Thanks for any info that you can share.

Mary is way down this year. I have had a place on the lake since 96, and this is the worst I have seen it. Combo of literally no snow, and drainage issues (long story) have really hurt the lake level this year. Didn't fish the opener real hard, but managed to catch a few. Good luck!

Browndog, are they messing with the outlet in Skoglund slough again? The low water makes the lake somewhat tougher to fish, and makes the need for longer docks as well. Is the lake low enough that you need to go all the way around to get into Little Mary? Also, is there any danger of hitting bottom on the bar going around the point into Sunset Bay? Thanks.

Go all the way around to get into little Mary for sure. As for Sunset, I would take it very wide. As of the 1 weekend in May the point, approx 150 yards from shore read 1.8 feet according the Eagle. As for the cause of the low water, that's a big issue, and everyone has their own opinion. Not only does it make the lake harder to fish, but some poor folks do not have enough water to float their toys off a lift. The best we can hope for at this point is rain Monday through Thursday, then bright, warm sun for the weekend, all summer and fall long. Speaking of long docks, I need to pack a lunch (and cooler) for the walk on ours.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll be out on Mary tommorow eve thru Sunday with a buddy. I'll be in a new green and almond Crestliner with a 140 johnson. Feel free to say hello, I'm sure we will need some advice too.

Ole

Hey guys nice to see these threads on Mary. My inlaws live on this lake. They live off hwy 27 first house down from the boat ramp next place down from the resort with the big willow tree lakeside. Fish for us was slow. Low water has changed up some of my favorite spots. I run a 1800 pro v with the 120 merc-force and 9.8 merc kicker . Stop and say hi.. Id love to meet some fellow fisherman on this pond.

walleyevision>
water i take it is still low on lake was hoping the recent rains would help bring up the level.....need about 4more inches of the lake to rise to launch my pro-v 1800 at my resort its not fun having to go to the public access and leave my truck there when at the resort by myself.. would like to be launching at resort and have my truck there if need to go to town.. hopefully the level will rise soon for us

[This message has been edited by gofishingtom (edited 05-19-2003).]

Talk to the lake association and tell them that getting your boat in the water is more important then them having their sandy beaches. It really too bad how much the water level has ben messed with over the years. We are on little Mary and 30 years ago we built a channel with a little dynamite, well the channel grew over when they started messing with the water level. Now we are screwed as it's pretty tough to get a permit to clean all that sh1t out again.

I'll be out there this weekend.

Later

Matt

Any tips, tricks or tactics for the low water on Mary. Are you finding the fish in different areas than usual, or just deeper in the usual locations? Mary can be tough with low water!!

There is a strong contingent of folks involved in the lake association that would love more water. The problem is getting all sides to agree on a solution. We are down towards your end RU, and have severe water issues, like most folks down our way. I did get out for a couple of hours on Saturday, fished the back side of the bar between Little Mary and the main lake in 18-19 ft of water, along with about 30 other boats. Did well. They were really biting light though.

Gofish I see your point it can be tough. No fun if you have to go and come back. Maybe we will meet some time. There maybe an opportunity to tie it up at our place, if you have a quick trip. If you see me Sun stop me I,ll be fishing-Gray pro-V.