Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgruber001

Lake Osakis

2 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to Osakis this weekend for opener, I was curious if anyone had any tips. What water depths should I look for this time of year? What kinds of structure are the eyes hanging around? What type of bait do they go for? As you can see I've never been on the lake and any help would be greatly appreciated. I heard it has good numbers for walleye!!

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

Start using the shallow flats less than 12 feet of water. Troll crankbaits through those areas and try to locate the fish. Once you find some fish slow down and use short lindy rigs. Start off by using crawlers, then if nothing try some other bait. Hope this helps and your right Osakis is full of walleyes. Just this time of year it gets picky on where to locate the fish that bite, so you have to really hunt them down. You can also fish the rock piles to catch some smaller fish. Good spot if you just want to catch some walleyes.

Hope this helps,

Joneshat11