• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing the road ( county 4 )on Pocket Lake for the Crappies yet? Has the Ice receeded far enough to do so? Is it even close to ice free yet?

Thanks Guys

Matt

there were reports of a few anglers testing it from shore yesterday....i'm sure the ice is nearly gone off pocket....could be ice out all over by the end of the weekend...

will keep you posted...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Thanks Ghotierman, us city folk can always count on you to keep us up-to-date. Man this website is a wonderful thing.

Take care.

Matt

Any recent reports from Pocket? I am planning on giving it a try on friday on my way home from Bemidji. thanks

juddfish

I heard in the paper the crappies were biting on Pocket and Little Mary. Is that true and would it be better to bring the boat or is there room to fish from the road. I heard it gets to be shoulder to shoulder.

Thanks

there is shore space along pocket, and little mary...also oscar. it can get shoulder to shoulder....water is wide open if you want to try the boat...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

The wife and I were out on Pocket on Sunday and found schools of crappies in 17' of water from 5' down to the bottom. Had a few takers for a while til the wind switched and started to rain. I think we gave up before the fish. Found a bunch of gills in 11' but no takers. They were really sluggish yet with the cold weather. 44 surface 41 bottom temps. Went through the school of gills with the camera down and would bump into them with it they would not even move.

Went out to pocket yesterday. A few people along the road but no one doing much yet. No boats either. Should be soon. Also went to Round (north of pocket) and they are catching pretty nice gills around the fish traps.