• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Birch State Forest Campground

I'm looking for a place to spend a 3-day, semi-primitive weekend by myself with a tent, my boat, some shoreline and fish. Is this place up my alley? I don't need much in the way of amenities - just a quick drive to the baitshop and a place to pitch my tent and park my vehicle. Any info would be appreciated. By the way, I'm thinking June 5-7. Thanks ya'll,

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

aquaman...
should suit your needs nicely...short drive into sauk centre for bait and ammenities.
don't know too much about the lakes there (big birch and little birch)....but looks like a great area for a primitive weekend...

good luck...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

• 2 weeks later...

Aquaman, I lived in melrose for about 8 years(87-95) and fished Big Birch alot.. Fishing was pretty good. The lake can get Very busy on the weekends. The camp ground is really nice you should have a great time.. Good Luck

Thanks a lot Strat - cool screen name, wish I'd thought of it! Wait - Tel-e-Caster is still open, if a fella likes that sound. I always felt the Strat was a more versatile axe, but then, I'm a bassist (4 string, not finned variety).

hey, if I run out of steel leaders, would a high E string be too stiff? The ball-end would be handy for snapping a swivel onto.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

Aquaman...with that kind of terminal...you might catch a "Tune-a-fish"!... smile.gif

couldn't resist!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

I'm comin' to your area for opener and Rick - I just might stop in and tell your co-workers/staff about that joke. wink.gif

I still haven't seen the remodel. Did you post any of those quotes you collected? Oh - I used to go by RobertC on this forum and ask lots of questions about shore-spots.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

still collecting the quotes...major remodel begins in a couple weeks...archery range going in upstairs!

see you this spring..

Jay

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598