• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Place To Stay Memorial Day Week

Myself and 5 buddies are looking for a new place to stay this year. Can anyone suggest a place within 1/2 hour of Alex? Nothing too fancy needed. Reasonable price on a 6 man cabin. A lake where we can catch a bunch of anything really. I prefer walleye but northerns, panfish?? Its not really a true fishing trip, the guys like to stay near a town where they can go into town to a good bar and shoot some pool and have a few drinks. But we do want to catch fish too. Any help is appreciated.

Viking Trail resort on lake Darling. It is on the chain, close to town (5 mins.) and still a no frills place to stay.

Check out the resorts on Miltona....on the west end you're not far from the Leaf Valley Mercantile....country bar with great food....great all around fishing lake too...

check other resorts on the Alex chamber of commerce site...

osakis would be another place to check...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

James...Osakis is about 11-12 miles from Alex. As for nightlife...I don't think there's much...a couple place in Nelson...halfway between Alex and Osakis...I think there's a couple of shoreline Bar& grills along Lake Osakis...(osakis, osakisresort...help me out...fill us in on the night life?)

There's a couple nice spots in Alex...one right across the road from Lake LeHommeDieu: Bug-A-Boo Bay, and Arrowwood Resort on lake Darling.

If you're looking to mix fishing with an all out guys weekend, Alexandria/Osakis/Glenwood area has a lot to offer...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

James,

The night life is pretty good at that osakis pub and grill. Its on the southeast part of the lake. Always a good time. That about it though

James~
Osakis nightlife, well, The pub that has been mentioned, is pretty good, usually a band or something on Memorial weekend, and There is a bar on the east side of town. But you better start to calling some resorts, we are already full that weekend, unless your looking at coming up the week after or something. Check the websites, they are usually up to date with opening, osakis.com

Midway Beach Resort