Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smallie

Crappie Action

7 posts in this topic

How has the crappie bite been lately for you fisherman. Hey Darren just Curious if you had some good success?

I wish I could turn the furnace up and melt these giant ice cubes!!!

Good Fishing

Smallie, I meant to call you on Sunday but I was in too much of a hurry to get up to Chisago City and do some fishing. We did just like you said and headed out to the cluster of houses on Smith Lake and set up in about 32 feet of water. I ended with 15 crappies by 10:00 P.M.. We could have been done earlier but I was determined for Tyler to pull in a crappie. Mission failed! He lost about 5 while realing them up. Maybe next time. At times, my vexilar looked like Christmas with all the red and green on it. Thanks again for the help. See you this weekend.

Smallie, Paul e-mailed me today and said that the fishing was terrible on Ida last weekend. Thanks again for the info on Smith.

Hey its' great to here that it was a drive well worth it. Look forward to seeing you I will keep checking to see how the other lakes are doing.

where did you get crappies on smith ? i was out there a couple of weeks ago and caught all small fish and i didnt find any 30 feet of water.i went down the public access and went to the left in front of the point.

Osakis, the second point down breaks very guick and then extends back into the shallow bay, it usually holds fish.

Osakis...We were out there with the cluster of houses. We were near the houses towards the south end of the cluster. Good luck.