• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have read a few previous posts on the december action on Osakis. Was just wondering on the recent action. I will be on the lake this weekend(Jan. 25)The cabin between Buck point and Lakeshore. Looking for those crappies and Sunny's. Has the action picked up on the north end? Did pretty good by Holiday Resort in 40' of water last year.

My cabin is next to Holiday resort and my brother last weekend said he only caught a few crappies in that deep water out there.
Should be getting better as time goes by!
They really bite good in February.
The water is cloudy this year and I think that has alot to do with the slow action this year! The lower portion of Osakis is even cloudier! Go figure!
Good Luck!

We just got back from there on the 20th, we fished anywhere from 20 to 40 feet on the sunken island toward the north side of the lake. Nothing. We did have some good bites but nothing up the hole. We will go back though, had a great time even though we didnt catch anything . If you need to stay somewhere I would suggest Head of the Lakes resort. On Friday we had problems jacking up our house and Rick from the resort worked on it for an hour and got it fixed he truely saved our weekend. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Thanks for the info. In front of Holiday Resort is usually good for fall Crappies. We did OK there last September. We did even better off Coon point. We caught some really nice bluegills there.

Well, ive been fishing off of coon point on the hump to the south, and caught some eyes one the 17th, but have come up short ever since. They were catching some crappies and few sunnies in front of Holiday and deep edge of coon in 40 ft or so, not sure, might try bay in front of Buck pt. some houses over there have been pretty active lately. If your out on friday or saturday, stop by and see how things are going. Will probably still be out there doing some fishing. Good Luck. Keep us posted on how things go.

Osakis, where did you find these perch and sunnies?? if you dont want to post, send me and email [email protected]. Guess im going out tomorrow and see whats up, tracking some walleyes and seeing where they are stacking up this time of year. Hopefully can get some info on this back to you all. Good Luck. Later

Well.....it sounds like the fish haven't totally shut down. I see a front is coming in Friday. This may help. I will be in a homemade Blue portable with an orange sled bottom somewhere by Holiday resort. Stop by and say hello if you see it.

Good luck boyz.

im west of holiday resort in ten feet of water on a rock pile. i believe its called red boat house bar.every morning i go out and catch a bunch of nice perch.i watch the sunfish swim around on the camera but i cant get them to take anything.

Osakis,
I was catching mine on black jig with 2 silver wigglers, and had to jig it pretty good till they came in on the cam and then stop and let it set there, and then just barely jig it, so it harly moves, just squirms around and then they would come up and suck it in, but watch em, cause alot were just sucking in a little at first and holding it, then taking it all the way. Good luck tell me if ya find any more eyes, ill be chasing em. Brent