• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, Ive been doing some searching for sunfish. Very little luck so far. I have a camera, and a flasher, and seem to come up empty. I did talk to someone who had caught some up on the north end but wouldnt give out any other info. Wondering about 3 and 4 mile bar. You said that you were fishing Johnson's Bar... how are you getting out there? where are you coming from? Any size to the perch? I wanted to get out there on sat. but a big ice heave from Battle Point. Did find some eyes around Coon Point on the hump to the south, on Friday night, caught 3 and tons on the camera. But have come up short since then. Tons of little perch during day, but thats it.

i never saw a sunfish on jhonsons i have a camera to . i found the sunfish w of holiday in ten feet of water.i cant get them to hit anything.but im catching big perch

Osakis, well, guess im going out tomorrow sometime taking the portable and trying to find some of those **** sunnies. Im thinking maybe the weed beds around 4 mile or crow pt. what rock pile is by the outlet?? i went to the miller access, pretty big ice heave there isnt it?? These sunnies just seem to have me stumped. Any ideas from you?? Talk later

in millers bay thiers a dnr access. i drive straigt out over a couple of small riefs. ive been on bannana,center,bowers,johnsens,outletrock pile,4 mile,and sandy three mile,and ive onley seen some perch and a couple northerns.out on moon bar the deep rock pile all i caught were small mouth.i caught a couple walleyes on the rock pile in shults bay and off a few rocks on lakeshore island.i caught a couple small eyes fishing for crappies in 36 feet of water in schults bay but they died pulling them out of deep water so i moved.

When did you try center? I tried inner around new years and marked a ton of fish, but no takers.

i tried center around christmas and i never saw a fish.same with bannana.the only place ive seen any walleyes is in shallow water.i caught one today 17 inches long and lost a couple. i should be fishing out of a spearhouse not a fishouse.

Osakis
Do you live on the lake? Sounds like your real familiar with it. I have a cabin on Shultz Bay but don't know of the rock pile of which you speak. Do you mean the bar that runs out towards Battle Point that's not on the maps? Also, where the heck is Lakeshore Island? Is that by Lakeshore Resort?

ive lived on the lake for 20 years.the rock pile is about as big as a boat.its straight out in front of the house with the ceder siding .line up the funny little garage with battle point its 15 feet on top i drilled about 25 holes on top of it and i froze a water bottle in a hole on top of it.lakeshore island is out in the middle between coon and lakeshore.line up the beer sign on the point with coon point it will run you over the top of a few rocks on the bar. 19 feet on top.

I have a cabin on the east side of the lake and we have our ice house out on half mile bar but havent caught anything but perch and northern? How shallow of water were you fishing for walleyes??? Or if you could let me know of any hot spots, i do have a GPS and lake master software for Osakis. Well any info would be helpful. thanks

i heard there were people bringing in pails full of sunfish from the bait store in town does anybody know were? i know there hitting on any black jig tipped with a waxworm i just cant find any big sunnys.

Well, I went out all weekend, found some small sunnies and perch at the Red Boat house rock pile. and dropped the house there for awhile.

The sunnies that the bait house is talking bout is suposedly across from Battle PT. in 16ft of water, usually only black jigs and silver wigglers, but when i went out there to find the guys on sunday they werent there, they had gone someplace else, so im thinking maybe they shut down, or moved when they found out everyone was looking for the "Got Bait" truck. lol The walleyes should start hammering soon. Usually around the first of Feburary or so, they start to pick up, Well, good luck Brent

Osakis, thanks for the info. I know of were you speak. I think I was on the rock pile a couple of times this summer. Had real good fishing there but always had trouble finding it. Will go out this coming weekend and see if I can find your water jug thats frozen in. I think the rock pile must be on top of the bar I mentioned earlier and that may be what is tripping me up when I try to find it. Maybe it's time to buy a GPS.

i was out on ne tip and nw tip of half mile i caught about the same.i would trie the south side of jhonsens east of the fishouses 200 yards theres somebodys vent cap frozen in the ice.you can see were i drilled all my holes on 19 foot ledge.its 14 to the n and 35 feet to the s solid clams on the bottom and walleyes like clams.ive been seeing walleyes from 10 to 15 feet.

i caught nice perch all week on boat house bar then sat and sun i started seeing some walleyes. they wont hit anything and i think they spooked my big perch.i went out on sun and was going to search for fish with the portable but it was way to cold!hopefully we'll get some warmer weather.

Osakis,
When you say boat house, do you mean across from Coon point on the little bump out in the drop off where the rock pile is? I have my house there, on the weekline where the rocks start, havent been seeing any eyes, are you deeper or on top?

Hi guy I finally get signed up Thank god I can jig alot beter than i can run a computer
I have a cabin across battle point and fish the lake hard in summer and have had good luck onthe rock pile and 4mile bar. I have yet to fish the lake in the winter time. I read that the lake really picks up in feb. for eyes if any one could help me out with a spot or depth to find them in tat would be great. I plan on coming up feb 10

Hi guy I finally get signed up Thank god I can jig alot beter than i can run a computer
I have a cabin across battle point and fish the lake hard in summer and have had good luck onthe rock pile and 4mile bar. I have yet to fish the lake in the winter time. I read that the lake really picks up in feb. for eyes if any one could help me out with a spot or depth to find them in tat would be great. I plan on coming up feb 10

yep, hear em out there all the time workin on your house. that time of the year, you shoud be getting in some good walleye and sunnie action. North end would be best, the sunken Island by the north access is usually good that time of year, and around shultz bay on the drop off is usually prett good. The eyes are gonna start feeding to get the eggs developing so, any time now. Just watch how many fish over 3 lbs your taking out, lots of eggs in those. Keep checkin on here to see where everyone else is, should be good, moved the house today bout 10 yrd, wow, what a difference a few feet makes. If ya see me out at the house across from Coon in bout 14 ft of water, stop by, white house with angled roof. Good luck Brent

I WAS ON TOP OFIT AND EVERY MORNING FROM 7;00 TO 9;00 I SAW WALLEYES AROUND ON THE CAMERA. IN IN THE WHITE BARN STYLE FISHHOUSE. I MOVED OUT OF THERE MONDAY NIGHT.I DONT EAT WALLEYES. I DONT MIND CATCHING THEM BUT IM LOOKING FOR SUNFISH AND CRAPPIES.

I WAS ON TOP OFIT AND EVERY MORNING FROM 7;00 TO 9;00 I SAW WALLEYES AROUND ON THE CAMERA. IN IN THE WHITE BARN STYLE FISHHOUSE. I MOVED OUT OF THERE MONDAY NIGHT.I DONT EAT WALLEYES. I DONT MIND CATCHING THEM BUT IM LOOKING FOR SUNFISH AND CRAPPIES.

Thanks brent
that sould help alot
thanks for the concern about big eyes release
any fish over 21 inch always goes back I feel more angelers sould do te same at least in late winter. If you lay into them before feb 10 I may replan my trip. would you suggest a resort that as permant houses to sleep in. I plan to fish out of my trap.

SHOULD HAVE DEN THERE YESTERDAY
Thanks

Well, I will know about how the eyes are doing after the next few days going out tonight, and then probably most of the weekend. The only resort open in the wintertime is Head of the Lakes, at the Far North end of the lake. And they have houses for rent. Any one else being cathing anything on the lake???

Bendaryesterday,
I know where your at. Won't use your name but I met you and the wife at the Eagle Drive get together last fall. I'm in the gray cabin with the attached garage.
Besides Head of the Lakes, Jake at Osakis Baits in town rents some permanents with bunks for sleeping. Norm at Fishermens Corner in town I believe also rents fish houses but not sure if he has sleepers.

well i tried the rock pile across from coon point tonight, nothing going not even the perch, I moved out to the deep edge hoping for some walleyes. Any one else been doing any? Brent