• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi. I'm goin' shore-fishin' this weekend, unless the water is too low. Can anyone save me a trip? If the Osakis water levels are consistent with July/August, then I'll be fine, but if they've dropped any, I'll stay in the rowboat on Charlotte.

Oh, Crappies running shallow yet?

Thanx ya'll

------------------
< )/////><{
RobertC

[This message has been edited by RobertC (edited 02-11-2003).]

robertc....last reports were that water levels were fine...not low...not high...near normal for the year...

good luck!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Thanx Jay - but Saturday was a bust! Me & the boy tried pier at Charlotte, Osakis spots and even a farm creek out in Amish country (hwy 11) and came up bust (nice windburn, though). So, I decided to go check out yer store. You were out, but the boy dug on your mounts, and I fell in lust with that Cranberry Creek canoe! I'm puttin' one of those on my wish list for spring. We bought 3 jigs 'cause well, I couldn't stop in and leave empty handed.

We did a little better Sunday at the dam in Little Falls. Erik caught 6 or 7 lb. carp on the upriver side, and a li' eelpout on the spill side. His dad, however, came up bust again. At least now I have another good spillway to hit.

------------------
< )/////><{
RobertC

[This message has been edited by RobertC (edited 02-11-2003).]

robertc....thanks for stopping...sorry i missed you. The Cranberry Creek canoes are nice....light weight, nice sportmans design, very stable.

Sounds like some good shore action on Sunday anyway...that turned out to be a pretty nice day, weather wise too. Lot's of good fall fishing left too. Been some reports on Reno of some shallow walleye action...waders or shorefishing near the access. A few more weeks, then we'll wait for first ice magic!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598