• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Latest walleye reports from Minnewaska has been a night bite. Best bet has been after dark on the edges of the rock piles on the east side in 14-20 feet with leeches and crawlers on spinner rigs.

If the 'eyes don't cooperate, try fishin the smallies. small jigs and tubes in the same areas just before dark.

good luck and good fishing...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Mr. Ghotierman,

I'm going to be in Glenwood that weekend and in to the next week too. I'm wondering if there is any point to going to Emily. The bite must have died or people aren't talking.

Maybe I'll stop in to the store and say howdy.
Thanks.

mistermom

Mrmom...

Haven't hear any new info for Emily. We've had some hot muggy weather of late, that may have tightened the lips on those 'eyes. Getting some cooler nights now, though. Some lake temps have dropped almost 10 degrees. So you might hit it just right. Give it a go and see how you do...

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ghotierman!

Was staying on Pelican lake by Glenwood. I did get out on that lake and did catch a 17 inch walleye in 19 feet of water trolling a storm thunderstick in perch color. I was planning on hitting Minnewaska tuesday night. Unfortunately, my son had a medical emergency tuesday afternoon and he and I ended up at Gillette hospital in St. Paul. He's fine now.

So I still haven't hit Emily. Next chance is mid-September. I'll keep you posted...Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I had to leave the boat behind at the in-laws in Brooten. If it were June I would be crying!

mistermom

mistermom...glad the boy's okay....stressful time i bet. note on minnewaska: talked to a customer who was doing great in the shallows all summer for walleyes! everyone thought they were fishing sunnie....but they were pullin 'eyes. so never neglect the weeds!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

I know what you mean about the weeds. There are these old guys on a pontoon who are out on Goose Lake (over by Rush City, E central MN) just about every day all summer. We call them "the slip bobber boys". They slip bobber walleyes in the weeds and everybody who has never talked to them thinks they are sunfishing. They do get sunnies too and they run big in that lake.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll check in with you next time I go out west. I think it will be soon. I can hear my boat calling me.

mistermom

ps Just curious: Do you know about lake ------- ? It is real near my in-laws, has no developement on it, the dnr just put in a decent ramp a few years ago, and there probably is a state record largemouth swimming in it. The dnr just started stocking walleyes about 5 years ago and the max depth is about 13 feet. Just wondering if you are familiar with this lake. I don't want to say the name because it already is a lot less of a secret then it was 10 years ago.

we are thinkin of tryin minnewaska this weekend, any reports as of late? thanks ricbak

mistermom

is this lake roughly a mile and half east of 104. The lake is also closed to motorized vehicals during duck season?

I think I know which lake you are talking aobut...Isn't the landing still really bad there? If it is the one I am thinking about though, you are right...I think the state record is in there!!!

Kicker

DNR reports aren't always accurate. Max depth is at least 13' right now and the lake is/was down.

mm

Mister Mom ,
I don't know if you fish this lake or not but I know I wouldn't be posting info about it. This is a nice lake but it has gotten to muck attention in the past few years.

This lake cant support people taking big fish out of there.

I think if you look back through the thread you will see that mistermom did not mention the name of the lake. Skeets did. Mistermom was just asking Ghotierman if he was familiar with lake *******. Then others started piecing it together. Mistermom should have not said anything. But he tried to be discreet.

cd

I apologize. My bad. I was just trying to give a heads-up to Ghotierman because he had been helpful to me with questions. Smallie is right. This lake is a definet catch and release lake....Now lets all stop posting and this topic will fade away.

mm