Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jermo

andrew advice

5 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to andrew the weekend of Aug. 3 . Taking grandma, mother in law ,and family with.Wandering if any panfish and {walleye} were biting. Any advice on what to use and depth would be very appreciated. Thanks, all

jermo,

I was up there a couple weeks ago and the panfish were really biting. Find the weedline in 13 or 14 feet and bobber fish with waxworms or small leeches. You could also use a small jig tipped with a waxworm. The key is to move around until you find them.
As for walleyes, I don't fish them much. Had the best luck a couple weeks ago trolling the southside in 16-19 feet of water. Caught seven one afternoon, biggest two were 23.5 and 25 inches.

good luck
kt

Sounds like pretty good luck on the walleyes kt!...Better than most who fish for them!

Dermo...ditto what kt says on the panfish. Look for the tops of cabbage weeds, and fish the holes or edges with small jigs tipped with crawlers. The bite should still be on, and you and the family will have a great time!

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

thanks so much guys( kt & gman) i really appreciated it. under a little pressure to find fish for grandma. later

thanks again guys for the advice . Just got back everyone had a great time . caught a bunch of sunfish and a few walleyes. A big thanks from my family,