Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lake Mary

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,I get to spend this years vacation on lake Mary(Ahh..the duck hunting on tennisshoe pass aka 114).We will be up weekend after the 4th of july.Any recent reports of walleyes would be appretiated.I've figured out the Bass on this lake...It's the Walleyes that seem to elude me!It's tuff to find good eatin' walleye down here in the desert!I did rent the pontoon boat from the resort we are staying at..But I'm sure they really don't allow it out for night fishin".So early morning till late evening reports would greatly help..It'll be good to be back to my old stompin' ground for a week..THANKS

Would also love to here any news as I will be up there the week after you.I hope its not to hot for some great walleye fishing.

Lindy rigs and leeches have been the ticket lately. By the 4th or later, you may want to add a spinner. Early morning, late evening low light bites. There have been a few anglers that have done well jigging the deep windward side of the point...25+ft with small shiners. Offers another daytime presentation.

If you've got the bass figured, try a bass pattern in the deep weeds for walleyes too. Since Mary is relatively shallow, the 'eyes may head to the weeds for shade and oxygen when the summer heats up. Then think like bass fishing and drop jigs or texas worms into the pockets in the cabbage.

good luck and good fishing...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• redlabguy
      Nuts, I had to leave Fraser on Monday for some business and a trip, but I think your MO is the right one. However, there are a lot of small (10-12") fish on the reef tops as of Sunday. You might try deeper water just off the tops. I'm not a fan of bobber fishing (like to feel the bite) but it's been a consistent winning method. Dick
    • monstermoose78
      He is huge 
    • fisherjmb
      Thanks for the info guys. We did end up going and launching at Beanies. Ten bucks to launch. Not too bad. There is a for sale by owner sign posted there but it's obviously private for now. As for the fishing, it was slow. Pulled the plug at noon and headed for the Mississippi. Did much better there.
    • JB18
      i wanted a yellow lab and got over ruled on the chocolate.  Great looking dog!  Does not look 115 pounds
    • JB18
          Thanks!  She is only 40 pounds at 9 months old.  Don't think she will get much bigger. I was hoping to talk with some people at the game farm next month to see if i can get a great price on a pre-buy program.    I have some pheasant feathers and she goes crazy when she see me grab them.  I need to find a field that the grass is not chest high to plant them or better yet get some game birds and tie the feet off and plant those.    If you drive by Round Lake and see a red Tundra stop in and say hello. I am there most nights when it gets this hot.        
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Awese thread! I take our golden/lab mix to Round Lake for training also. This pic is from May when it was chilly. We're having an absolute blast working together. She's a sweet dog, will do anything to please me if she understands. Only thing I have to do before the season is somehow introduce her to gunshots and that's not easy without private land. Watching her barrel through the cattails to find that dummy is awesome. 
    • leech~~
      There are a few small Trout lakes in there as well but not sure how they bite in the summer? I've only Ice fished them.  
    • mnfathead
      Thanks Cliff, weather looks dynamite so that's a good start!
    • airnuts
      Finally making it up for our first trip of the year. Strictly walleye fishing in Frazer Bay with slip bobbers around the reefs. Appreciate any fishing reports. Thanks!
    • ZachD
      I believe they take vets living in veteran homes around the area like Silver Bay veteran home ect