• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for advice. I never have been on LHD before and headed up next week looking to hook some bass. Oh by the way yes its a tourney(not money) only club.

Any advice helpful thanks and keeep fishing.

Fishing addict

addict:....The Chain is humming with bass right now. Each of the four main lakes are in slightly different patterns, too. LeHommeDieu anglers have been working carolina rigs just outside the emerging cabbage beds. Geneva has 'em in shallow, jig worms, spinners etc working well here. Carlos is the big water of the chain, and still a bit cool....look over the breaklines, or in the pencil reeds on the north end. Darling has some good weed beds starting up too.

We run a Wednesday night league on the chain...20-25 boats each week. We'll start posting the results so you can get an idea of the sizes they're running. (four fish 13lbs took it last week.)

Give a call and talk to Kent or Putty for some more info.

Good Luck!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

• 2 weeks later...

LeHommedieu Chain is a great bass fishery you will catch alot of numbers, it's tough to find the big fish cosistently. If I was fishing it I would not mess with much shallow water. i fish the Wenseday night league there has been som nice bags brought in. If you have a 2 1/2 lb average you will be sitting well. 1/2oz Green Pumkin Jigs with Zoom Super Chunks is a great bet for cathcing quality size fish. A good depth to start in is 10- 18 ft. Cabbage weed lines are really starting to get thick. Deep coontail weeds are getting thick in 14 ft out to 22 ft. If you can find the deep coon tail clumps in 17ft and deeper you will get into nice fish.