• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It seems a though cabins or property on Ida or Miltona are pretty spendy. So what other lakes would you walleye guys recommend to look for cabins or property on?

Hi-
There are plenty of great lakes in the area.
They are are all kinda spendy, though.
The chain offers excellent fishing, but can be more expensive than Ida/Miltona.
Mary, Andrew, Latoka, Mina, Lobster, Reno are all great choices.
I have been looking too for a cheaper cabin on any of these lakes, but have yet to find one to fit my budget. One good thing is that the property will only go up in value, so it makes it a great investment as well as a getaway. smile.gif Good luck in your search.

Thanks Skeet. At least I can look at a few more options now. Like you said, I can't believe that it's a bad investment. My dad always talked about how he wished he'd done this or that. I don't want to end up like that.

Have lived in Alex all my life and the price of lakeshore has sky rocketed. I whould contact a realitor and look at some of the smaller lakes. There are so many lakes within driving distance that if they are not biting on the lake that you live on, there is a good chance that you will be able to load the boat and drive to a lake that they are in a short period of time. Just my thoughts.....

Mr.Big....a few others to consider: Moses, Aaron, and Big Chippewa. A little further out from Alex., but still offer some good walleye water. And, as teamscholl points out...you can hop to any number of lakes to chase the bite. No matter where you end up, you're within a few miles of some great fishing!

good luck...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

ghotierman- Good point, and nice job on keeping evryone up to date on the Alex area. Its nice to get info when I am up at school.
Keep up the good work.