• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Maple offers some good fishing for opener. Typically not as crowded as Reno. Jig and minnow off the steep breaks at the north end of the lake would be a way to start. Trolling a plug along the broader flats on the east side, too.

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

• 2 weeks later...

Lundrules,
My family has had a cabin on Maple for over 25 years now. Until about 4 years ago, I fished opener there every year with little succes. We would always catch 1 or 2 using spinner rigs and crawlers on the east side of the lake (15-20'). The fish we did catch were always really nice. If you want numbers, you would be better off going to Osakis or any other big name lake in the area. If you want to get away from everyone and relax, Maple lake is the place to be.

------------------
Tonka Boy

Lundrules,
My family has had a cabin on Maple for over 25 years now. Until about 4 years ago, I fished opener there every year with little succes. We would always catch 1 or 2 using spinner rigs and crawlers on the east side of the lake (15-20'). The fish we did catch were always really nice. If you want numbers, you would be better off going to Osakis or any other big name lake in the area. If you want to get away from everyone and relax, Maple lake is the place to be.

------------------
Tonka Boy