Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kb1965

1st time

4 posts in this topic

Will be heading up to Red on Jan. 30. Where can I get the best services as far as fishing tips, bait, food and drinks when we are done. Also where are some of the places located. Will be coming up from St. Cloud for 3 days of fun and fishing

While I have been known to occasionally play free and loose with the truth,this I'm about to tell you is it! GO TO THE WEST WIND BAR AND RESORT. All the criteria you just mentioned will be very amply met there. On my first visit there, I felt like I was treated like a member of the family. There is a sign-in board just as you enter for all FM members. KellyP at the Waskish Minnow Station is another good one to talk to. If you sift through all the B.S., you will get good first hand information from him. Good luck on your trip! Best wishes and tight lines!

------------------
DIRTBALL2

Thanks for the info Keith. Where about is West Wind located at? Or is it really easy to find?

Kevin

Kevin,
West Wind is very easy to find....just look to your left as you drive into Waskish. You can't miss it. As far as service...everyplace I have asked for advice....they have been very helpful (Rogers, Hillman's, Hudek's, West Wind) I have had both good and not so good luck finding fish following their advice. I guess all I can say is that nothing is 100%. EXCEPT that fishing is always fun....no matter what the fishing is really like.