Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feb 1

5 posts in this topic

My suggestion would be to check with resort or bait shop you use to get some general ideas but since there is very little structure on URL finding fish can be very hit or miss. As I'm sure you have read here if don't find fish after a little awhile move and drill some new holes. Moving 50 feet can many times mean catching fish or not. As you probably know crappies don't stay in the same spot from day to day. Just because they were there last night does not mean they will be in the same spot tomarrow.
Pete

Thank's

Just go out of Hillman's, you'll see the crowds....avoid them! There are no magic spots, it's just a big bowl. Look for 13-14 feet of water. Set up 500 yrds-1/4 mile away. Drill some holes and see if there are any fish, if not move. Back in the day when we chased them with portables we'd drill some extra spots within 50 yrds around us so we could move the house around quick during the prime bite. We now have a hard house up there and usually move it once a day. This weekend we had 2 houses within a couple hundred yards of us that got fish and another one that was like ours that got about a half dozen. In our case though as Kelly puts it "look at the fisherman"! grin.gif Use glow jigs and keep them charged up, don't jig to much as most came on dead lines. Hope this helps!

Good Luck! Rip some Lips!

Ken

can anyone give me some info on where i should go out of to get into some fish???
Me and my Dad are heading up there and he loves red. we have a 4hr drive so I would like to put him on some fish. any help would be great

Thanks

Thanks for all the help. you are really nice people.