Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
smartguy

My day at Upper Red

smartguy

Just got back from Upper Red lake. We had one of those days where EVERYTHING seems to go wrong:
We ran out of bait at peak bite time - thanks to that God forsaken perch hole we were on. By the time I got back from the bait store, the typical peak bite time was gone.
Only one crappie between two guys in 6+ hours of fishing. About 3- 4 dozen 6-7" perch.
Worst yet, when it was time to leave, my portable house didn't want to collapse since the poles were all iced up. After thawing them out with my Mr. Heater (and freezing our azzes off in the 45 minute process!), we finally were able to leave. Except that I noticed a small piece of my floor broke off.
Of course, being that the trunk lid of my car couldn't close completely (due to the fish house sticking out), I had a ton of snow in my trunk.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I burned my left arm 3 times on my heater - and I didn't even drink!

Wish I could go back up tomorrow!

[This message has been edited by smartguy (edited 01-13-2003).]

ouch, tought luck fishing huh? well i'm hoping i can do something other than that when we come up next weekend! Well better luck next time.

Bobby

kelly-p

smartguy,
If I remember right didn't your house run out of fuel earlier in the year? You are on a real bad run of luck but that could be good as all things come even in the end so you are due for a warm day and a hot bite. smile.gif
Yesterday when littleitaly was in W.W.'s bait shop a guy came in and she asked how it was going. His response was something like this, "I got stuck and had to get someone to pull me out. Then the tire broke off my fish house. We haven't caught a fish yet but this is the most fun I've had in a long time".

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

smartguy

Yep, we were up there about a month ago when you refilled our propane. Still owe you a beer for that.