• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My day at Upper Red

smartguy

Just got back from Upper Red lake. We had one of those days where EVERYTHING seems to go wrong:
We ran out of bait at peak bite time - thanks to that God forsaken perch hole we were on. By the time I got back from the bait store, the typical peak bite time was gone.
Only one crappie between two guys in 6+ hours of fishing. About 3- 4 dozen 6-7" perch.
Worst yet, when it was time to leave, my portable house didn't want to collapse since the poles were all iced up. After thawing them out with my Mr. Heater (and freezing our azzes off in the 45 minute process!), we finally were able to leave. Except that I noticed a small piece of my floor broke off.
Of course, being that the trunk lid of my car couldn't close completely (due to the fish house sticking out), I had a ton of snow in my trunk.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I burned my left arm 3 times on my heater - and I didn't even drink!

Wish I could go back up tomorrow!

[This message has been edited by smartguy (edited 01-13-2003).]

smartguy,
If I remember right didn't your house run out of fuel earlier in the year? You are on a real bad run of luck but that could be good as all things come even in the end so you are due for a warm day and a hot bite. smile.gif
Yesterday when littleitaly was in W.W.'s bait shop a guy came in and she asked how it was going. His response was something like this, "I got stuck and had to get someone to pull me out. Then the tire broke off my fish house. We haven't caught a fish yet but this is the most fun I've had in a long time".

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Yep, we were up there about a month ago when you refilled our propane. Still owe you a beer for that.