• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

January Fishing

With all the bad talk about hudecs on the fishing report forum and a newspaper article saying january fishing is going to be slow what are my chances of having a good time at Hudecs on Jan 15th????????????????????

If you go to the Hudec's website and click of the fishing reports it's full of reports saying how awful Hudec's is. Also full of smut. Doesn't look like it gets monitored.

It seems like some personal issues. Ive stayed there with no problems. The fishing in Jan is good any place on the lake.

Interesting stuff on that unregulated board.

I've fished out of Hudec's for three years. Don has been very gracious to me and my buddies.

I've never stayed in the rooms or in a fish house, but I wouldn't hesitate to make a reservation to do so. When you've got several thousand people going through your access every week, you're bound to get a few that find something to complain about.

I stayed at Hudec's a couple yeards ago and had no problems whatsover. The room wasn't the Waldorf, but I was there to fish. The price was good and the room clean. Stay and enjoy.

Jjigstick; if you have time, could you send us an email about your posting on Red Lake, I, if not we, may have some thoughts for you about Red that you didnt know! kind of like who grew up there, the best guides, the keepers of the lake that have been hanging on , when everyone else gave up and moved on; even we new nothing till we started going there to find out what they went through all theses years, and they stuck it out; yes we went for the fish too, BUT; you know it wasnt just the fish ;, it was the people that brought us back; they come from all walks of life, and different places, I myself love fishing and so does Judy, but dam there is just a time to see these people and B.S the fishing is a darn good plus. any ?s just holler; there good people up there

Jjigstick,
If you are going fishing to have fun you will have fun. If you are expecting a bad time you will have a bad time. The choice is yours.
I have a pile of e-mails here directed at me that are worse then anything said about Hudec's on their forum. I look at them and realize that some people will never be able to lean back and enjoy a day of fishing. If you go fishing and everything works out great AND you catch fish awesome. grin.gif But if you go fishing and nothing goes right AND the fish don't bite,,,,,,,it still beats a day at work. smile.gif The choice is yours how your day will go, either enjoy the time away from "the real world" or carry the tension of the real world with you and ruin a day of fishing. The choice is there for each and every one of us. How our time fishing went is up to each of us whether to enjoy it or be mad about it.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Kelly,

Sorry about all those E-mails it was a screw up!! They were supose to go to my ex-girlfriend (REDHEAD). I don't know how they were sent to you instead!!

I met Labs4Me last month turns out he lives about 3 miles from me. Good guy! I heard the other side of the story about the rear ending last winter. Turns out you were wearing chains and slammed on your brakes and thats why you stopped so fast and he didn't!!!! It's always good to hear both sides of the stories!

Counting the days to start the crappie new year.

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Jigstick-I went to LOW last year and stayed at a resort that I had heard was not going to be a pleasant experience. By people that I did not know(A week before going!)It was the best we have ever done.Great fishing and accomodations.
I checked out that message board myself and I don't think I'd put too much stock in anything posted there.There were probably only two posts that sounded as if they had any decency to them.So just have fun and don't forget the Leinies.

By the way I have stayed at Hudecs a couple of times. In the rooms in their little motel always very nice people and very nice and clean rooms. I would not hesitate to stay again or advertise a place to stay.

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

crappie getter,
I didn't get all those e-mails you mentioned. BUMMER! frown.gif They could have been interesting. hehehehe
I think it's normal to slam on the brakes when if you don't someone in a white truck is going to slam into you from the left. shocked.gif I'm doing things different his year. This truck is so ugly that I'm gonna rent out spaces on it for people to slide into. Right front fender, $150. Left front, $250. A door will have to be $500 cause they keep the cold out. smile.gif
I'll see you the 5th.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652